Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 06:03 AM   #631
Elly
Elly began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question help

Hi can anyone help me?

I am trying to decryped an dutch ebook with the new ineptpdf, but I am getting the following error "error decrypting book by session key".
I am using ineptkey version 2 to extract adeptkey.der
Is there anyone who can tell me how I can fix this.

Thank you so much
Elly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #632
ReBook
ReBook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly View Post
Hi can anyone help me?

I am trying to decryped an dutch ebook with the new ineptpdf, but I am getting the following error "error decrypting book by session key".
I am using ineptkey version 2 to extract adeptkey.der
Is there anyone who can tell me how I can fix this.

Thank you so much
Elly, try using ineptpdf 2. Is this 1.6pdf?
ReBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 02:12 AM   #633
Zorz
Zealot
Zorz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
How well does this clean the file. I have successfully decrypted a few pdf's, but question how clean they are. Is it possible for a decrypted file to lets say tracked back to me.

Last edited by Zorz; 01-13-2010 at 02:25 AM.
Zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #634
kirbinster
Enthusiast
kirbinster began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
Strange PDF decrypt issue. Go two books from same source and used python to decrypt the first with no problem. Tried the second with the same v3 script and it appeared to work but would not open. So I tried the v5 script next and it gave me an error that says:
"Dict Required 1804"

What does that mean and how do I fix it.

Last edited by kirbinster; 01-13-2010 at 06:31 PM.
kirbinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #635
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
Strange PDF decrypt issue. Go to books from same source and used python to decrypt the first with no problem. Tried the second with the same v3 script and it appeared to work but would not open. So I tried the v5 script next and it gave me an error that says:
"Dict Required 1804"

What does that mean and how do I fix it.
Probably the well known pdf stream dictionary problem.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #636
kirbinster
Enthusiast
kirbinster began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Probably the well known pdf stream dictionary problem.
Thanks joblack. Would you be kind enough to summerize what the well known pdf stream dictionary problem is -- as it is not well known to me. Thanks.
kirbinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:04 PM   #637
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
Thanks joblack. Would you be kind enough to summerize what the well known pdf stream dictionary problem is -- as it is not well known to me. Thanks.
If you have a pdf with a xref stream directory (means the trailer is in a stream and there is no additional trailer) the script doesn't work as it should.

It's a problem of the python script dump method but without some support from a pdf expert it isn't easy to always create a pdf which is standard conform.

So far no pdf format expert gave some help or suggestions for finding the bug (*wink wink*).

Last edited by joblack; 01-13-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:05 AM   #638
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have a problem with PDF 1.6, and I don't know if you can help me. I think I've used all the ineptpdf I found (2, 3, 5, 6) but they don't work. The program always say OK but the result file is encrypted and corrupt. It looks like the programs don't recognize the encryption (Flat Decode). I don't know if the difference is the structure. In a file ineptpdf treats well:

Code:
<</Length    10 /Filter /FlateDecode>>stream
In the wrong file :

Code:
<</Filter /FlateDecode /Length    3890>>stream
Thanks in advance
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #639
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I have a problem with PDF 1.6, and I don't know if you can help me. I think I've used all the ineptpdf I found (2, 3, 5, 6) but they don't work. The program always say OK but the result file is encrypted and corrupt. It looks like the programs don't recognize the encryption (Flat Decode). I don't know if the difference is the structure. In a file ineptpdf treats well:

Code:
<</Length    10 /Filter /FlateDecode>>stream
In the wrong file :

Code:
<</Filter /FlateDecode /Length    3890>>stream
Thanks in advance
Flatdecode just means it's decoded in ASCII Code - there is only a difference in the Length value - the rest is not relevant.

I suggest you read earlier posts about the pdf dump method problem ... which most probably is the root of all evil .

Last edited by joblack; 01-16-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #640
Olper
Olper began at the beginning.

I don't get it to work. I was able to generate 300 white pages with this tool
Anyone know what went wrong?
Olper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #641
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olper View Post
I don't get it to work. I was able to generate 300 white pages with this tool
Anyone know what went wrong?
Perhaps if you would be more specific (version, what has been done, ...).
Old 01-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #642
jamop
jamop began at the beginning.

Device: nook
drm pdf from ebooks.com

I buy book from ebooks.com, but i can't read in another pc or laptop,
can anybody share how to crack this pdf drm, that only can read using adobe digital edition ??

thanxs in advance
jamop
jamop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #643
brel
brel began at the beginning.

Script is giving me this error message "error decrypting book session key" using ineptkey.pyw version 3 and ineptpdf.pyw version 5. At first the script wouldn't run due to an indentation problem, but I commented out the lines that were giving trouble and finally got to run it (it was some text message). Now I'm getting this and I don't have a clue as to what I should do. If you need anymore information just ask me. I read that you were talking about PDF version, however I don't know how to get that piece of information. If it helps, I got the book from netlibrary.com.

Last edited by brel; 02-07-2010 at 10:55 PM.
brel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #644
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brel View Post
Script is giving me this error message "error decrypting book session key" using ineptkey.pyw version 3 and ineptpdf.pyw version 5. At first the script wouldn't run due to an indentation problem, but I commented out the lines that were giving trouble and finally got to run it (it was some text message). Now I'm getting this and I don't have a clue as to what I should do. If you need anymore information just ask me. I read that you were talking about PDF version, however I don't know how to get that piece of information. If it helps, I got the book from netlibrary.com.
The 'format' of the key in the registry has changed with ADE 1.7.2 - either deregister/deinstall 1.7.2 (check in the epub section for a link and more information) and install 1.7.1 or you have to wait for a solution.

Last edited by joblack; 02-08-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #645
brel
brel began at the beginning.

I tried with ADE 1.7.1 but the same happened.
brel is offline   Reply With Quote