Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #16
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
When I ran mine with the settings I mentioned I still got the " - " before the title even if the book was not part of a series...
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by centhena View Post
When I ran mine with the settings I mentioned I still got the " - " before the title even if the book was not part of a series...
You must have entered it wrongly. With the plugboard that I specified, if the series isn't present, the title will not be changed. Copy and paste the plugboard settings I posted from my post, and it will work correctly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Question about your filter - what do the || do ? Does that mean it is only adding the space and the - if series and the # exist?
Yes. The syntax:

{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}

Means:

1. Output the series name.
2. If the series name is empty, output nothing (there's nothing after the first "|"), otherwise output a space (the space after the second "|").
3. Output the number within the series, padding it to 2 characters with a leading zero, if necessary (ie a series index of "3" will be displayed as "03").
4. If the series number is blank, output nothing, otherwise output " - ".
5. Output the original title.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote