Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #166
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@dotanchoen - what I would also suggest is that you might find the "Extract ISBN" plugin handy in this situation (at least I did on my non fiction books in particular like programming manuals). Run that first to pull out the ISBN, then do a metadata download. That way whatever title/authors you had for the book don't matter as it will lookup on ISBN instead.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #167
dotancohen
Enthusiast
dotancohen is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can control whether titles are overwritten with the downloaded result or not. Given the architecture of the download system, decisions on whether to re-lookup after further sanitizing title/author metadata is upto individual metadata download plugins.
I think that you misread my post. I was referring _only_ to the download of covers, and I meant to trim the existing title (and in that case, only trim for the purpose of finding the correct cover in the event that the non-trimmed title reveals no covers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@dotanchoen - what I would also suggest is that you might find the "Extract ISBN" plugin handy in this situation (at least I did on my non fiction books in particular like programming manuals). Run that first to pull out the ISBN, then do a metadata download. That way whatever title/authors you had for the book don't matter as it will lookup on ISBN instead.
Thanks, I will try that.
dotancohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #168
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah, but behind the scenes, cover download typically works by first running an identify when no isbn/other identifiers are present. Once the book is identified, then the information is used to download the cover.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #169
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
The tag browser is not refreshing after bulk updates (metadata downloads or search/replaces)

I *think* this is new in .7.58

Edit:
Now I'm confused
It did just refresh after a search/replace, but again not after a bulk download.
And I can't say for certain if it used to refresh after a bulk download or not....

Last edited by capnm; 04-30-2011 at 01:33 PM.
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #170
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It did not update, now fixed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 12:08 AM   #171
aznime
aznime began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
overdrive plugin

Is it possible to change the priority of one plugin over the other? I can never get overdrive plugin to work with other sources. When I select goodreads, google and overdrive as sources, the results never show overdrive under the "see at:" label in the metadata download window. It only shows when overdrive is exclusively used as the only metadata download source.

I can see the items that calibre download from overdrive using "view logs" but somehow it never combines and displays the results it gets from overdrive when using a combination of different sources. And it does not make a difference whether I select a few metadata fields or "download all metadata (slow)" from the configuration window for the overdrive plugin.

Cheers
aznime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #172
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I didn't understand what you were referring to regarding 'See at' in your PM's, but I've just gone digging to try to find it. 'See at' has nothing to do with merging metadata, I believe it's a red herring. Overdrive doesn't support constructing a simple URL based on the Overdrive ID, so it can't return a URL for the Overdrive website like the other plugins do - that's all 'See at' does, is provide a link to the external website.

I just tried this with 'Return of the King' by Tolkien, and it gets all the info from Overdrive as expected. I think you need to be more specific with regard to what you're wanting to do. I believe based on the PMs we exchanged you only have Series selected in Overdrive, and you want that specific Overdrive metadata to be merged with other metadata sources.

As I noted in the PM before, specific details on what you have enabled, and what you wish to see, along with the logs would help a lot with assisting you.

Last edited by ldolse; 05-03-2011 at 01:40 AM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #173
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

I just gave this another shot - all built-in metadata sources were enabled. All plugins had everything enabled except Overdrive, which only had Series and Tags enabled. Overdrive was prioritized for covers.

Based on the log and looking over the populated metadata it looks like only Google's results were used for the metadata, though Overdrive was used for the cover based on the priority. Neither Google or Amazon provided series data, but this wasn't merged from Overdrive even though it discovered it. Amazon Identifier was written to the Book Metadata, but Overdrive wasn't, so I suspect identify() had to go back to the web a second time to query for the cover instead of using the identifier cache, but I didn't do a detailed debug to check that.

Log:
Code:
Starting job: Download metadata for 1 books 
Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'authors': [u'J.R.R. Tolkien'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9780007322503'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'The Two Towers'} 
Using plugins: Google, Amazon.com, ISBNDB, Overdrive 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Google ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/6.0.472.63 Safari/534.3')] 
Found 19 results 
Downloading from Google took 14.6944921017 

--- 
Title               : The Two Towers: The Lord of the Rings, Part Two
Author(s)           : J. R. R. Tolkien
Publisher           : HarperCollins
Tags                : Baggins; Frodo (Fictitious Character), Middle Earth (Imaginary Place), Fiction, Fantasy, Epic, General
Rating              : 4.67
Published           : 2009-04-20T05:27:24.975785+00:00
Identifiers         : google:EqgV2wJhi1cC, isbn:9780061952890
Comments            : Frodo and the Companions of the Ring have been beset by danger during their quest to prevent the Ruling Ring from falling into the hands of the Dark Lord by destroying it in the Cracks of Doom. They have lost the wizard, Gandalf, in the battle with an evil spirit in the Mines of Moria; and at the Falls of Rauros, Boromir, seduced by the power of the Ring, tried to seize it by force. While Frodo and Sam made their escape the rest of the company were attacked by Orcs. Now they continue their journey alone down the great River Anduin—alone, that is, save for the mysterious creeping figure that follows wherever they go. J.R.R. Tolkien's great work of imaginative fiction has been labeled both a heroic romance and a classic fantasy fiction. By turns comic and homely, epic and diabolic, the narrative moves through countless changes of scene and character in an imaginary world which is totally convincing in its detail. 

--- 
Title               : Two Towers
Publisher           : HarperCollins Publishers Limited
Tags                : Fiction, Fantasy, Epic
Published           : 2001-09-15T05:27:26.490865+00:00
Identifiers         : google:7tYfYgEACAAJ, isbn:9780261102385
Comments            : Three-volume paperback boxed set of J.R.R. Tolkien's classic masterpiece, packaged in the classic black covers designed by Tolkien himself. Sauron, the Dark Lord, has gathered to him all the Rings of Power - the means by which he intends to rule Middle-earth. All he lacks in his plans for dominion is the One Ring - the ring that rules them all - which has fallen into the hands of the hobbit, Bilbo Baggins. In a sleepy village in the Shire, young Frodo Baggins finds himself faced with an immense task, as his elderly cousin Bilbo entrusts the Ring to his care. Frodo must leave his home and make a perilous journey across Middle-earth to the Cracks of Doom, there to destroy the Ring and foil the Dark Lord in his evil purpose. Since it was first published in 1954, 'The Lord of the Rings' has been a book people have treasured. Steeped in unrivalled magic and otherworldliness, its sweeping fantasy has touched the hearts of young and old alike. 

--- 
Title               : The Two Towers
Publisher           : Unwin Paperbacks
Tags                : Fiction, Fantasy, Epic
Published           : 1986-03-31T05:27:25.600089+00:00
Identifiers         : google:vNy0SAAACAAJ, isbn:9780048231864
Comments            : Epos, waarin mythische, nauw aan de mens verwante wezens het rijk van de boze machten binnengaan om een onheilspellende ring onschadelijk te maken. 

--- 
Title               : The Two Towers: Being the Second Part of the Lord of the Rings
Author(s)           : John Ronald Reuel Tolkien
Publisher           : G. Allen & Unwin
Tags                : Fairy Tales, Baggins; Frodo (Fictitious Character), Middle Earth (Imaginary Place), Fiction, Fantasy, Epic
Published           : 1954-05-15T05:27:30.089118+00:00
Identifiers         : google:ButcRAAACAAJ, isbn:9780395082546
Comments            : For over fifty years, J.R.R. Tolkien's peerless fantasy has accumulated worldwide acclaim as the greatest adventure tale ever written. No other writer has created a world as distinct as Middle-earth, complete with its own geography, history, languages, and legends. And no one has created characters as endearing as Tolkien's large-hearted, hairy-footed hobbits. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings continues to seize the imaginations of readers of all ages, and this new three-volume paperback edition is designed to appeal to the youngest of them. 

--- 
Title               : Lord of the Rings, the - Part Ii: The Two Towers
Publisher           : HARPER TOLKIEN
Tags                : Fiction, Fantasy, General
Identifiers         : google:A5bTSAAACAAJ, isbn:9780261102323
Comments            : 'The Two Towers' is the second part of J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic adventure 'The Lord of the Rings'. Frodo and the Companions of the Ring have been beset by danger during their quest to prevent the Ruling Ring from falling into the hands of the Dark Lord by d 

--- 
Title               : The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Author(s)           : John Ronald Reuel Tolkien & Alan Lee
Tags                : Fiction, Fantasy, General
Published           : 2002-05-15T05:27:27.246069+00:00
Identifiers         : google:J2UzPwAACAAJ, isbn:9780007136568 

--- 
Title               : The Lord of the Rings Part Two the Two Towers
Published           : 1973-05-15T05:27:27.699138+00:00
Identifiers         : google:VlFeAdGGTGcC 

--- 
Title               : The Lord of the Rings and the Two Towers
Publisher           : Collins
Tags                : Fantasy Fiction; English, Middle Earth (Imaginary Place), Juvenile Fiction, Fantasy & Magic
Published           : 2001-09-13T05:27:28.645560+00:00
Identifiers         : google:eL5YSQAACAAJ, isbn:9780007129713 

--- 
Publisher           : Ballantine Books
Published           : 1994-05-15T05:27:29.183396+00:00
Identifiers         : google:uUNbewAACAAJ, isbn:9780345339713 

--- 
Title               : The Lord of the Rings. Part 2: The Two Towers
Publisher           : Allen and Unwin
Published           : 1966-05-15T05:27:30.449799+00:00
Identifiers         : google:QHmZYgEACAAJ 

--- 
Title               : Tolkien Calendar 2003. The Two Towers. Broschüren-Kalender.
Publisher           : Harper Collins Publ. UK
Published           : 2002-06-17T05:27:31.903545+00:00
Identifiers         : google:qY5hGgAACAAJ, isbn:9780007111909 

--- 
Title               : Tolkien Diary 2003: The Two Towers
Author(s)           : John Ronald Reuel Tolkien & Ted Nasmith
Published           : 2002-06-17T05:27:33.677573+00:00
Identifiers         : google:UpedAAAACAAJ, isbn:9780007111879 

--- 
Title               : J.R.R. Tolkien: Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the Ring, the Two Towers, the Return of the King, the Hobbit/Boxed Set
Publisher           : Random House
Tags                : Fiction, Science Fiction, General
Published           : 1990-04-01T05:27:34.082678+00:00
Identifiers         : google:rj5OYgEACAAJ, isbn:9780345340429 

--- 
Title               : Lord of the Rings. Two Towers
Publisher           : Tiritamm
Published           : 1997-05-15T05:27:34.585739+00:00
Identifiers         : google:_G6nGAAACAAJ, isbn:9789985550465 

--- 
Title               : The Lord of the Rings. The Two Towers : Photo Guide
Author(s)           : David Brawn & J. R. R. Tolkien
Publisher           : Gyldendal Tiden
Published           : 2002-05-15T05:27:35.142613+00:00
Identifiers         : google:s8ElQAAACAAJ, isbn:9788205308572 

--- 
Title               : The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Publisher           : Ballantine Books
Tags                : Fantasy Fiction; English
Published           : 1997-05-15T05:27:35.570243+00:00
Identifiers         : google:Da0nQwAACAAJ, isbn:9780345339713 

--- 
Title               : The Lord of the Rings. The Two Towers : Creatures
Author(s)           : David Brawn & J. R. R. Tolkien
Publisher           : Gyldendal Tiden
Published           : 2002-05-15T05:27:36.500388+00:00
Identifiers         : google:AZcyQAAACAAJ, isbn:9788205308589 

--- 
Title               : The Lord of the Rings. The Two Towers : Visual Companion
Author(s)           : Jude Fisher & J. R. R. Tolkien
Publisher           : Tiden
Published           : 2002-05-15T05:27:36.970703+00:00
Identifiers         : google:KMYmQAAACAAJ, isbn:9788210047428 

--- 
Title               : The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring ; Part II, the Two Towers ; Part III, the Return of the King
Publisher           : Houghton Mifflin company
Published           : 1993-05-15T05:27:37.485237+00:00
Identifiers         : google:xQI2YgEACAAJ, isbn:9780395489307 
Failed to get additional details for The lord of the rings: Le seigneur des anneaux. The two towers. Les deux tours
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/lee/calibredev/heuristics/src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/google.py", line 89, in to_metadata
    raw = get_details(browser, id_url, timeout)
  File "/Users/lee/calibredev/heuristics/src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/google.py", line 50, in get_details
    raw = browser.open_novisit(url, timeout=timeout).read()
  File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
  File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 255, in _mech_open
httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Failed to get metadata for identify entry: http://www.google.com/books/feeds/volumes/pBuRQgAACAAJ2011-05-03T05:27:24.000Zpreview-1.0.0Fran WalshBarrie OsbornePhilippa BoyensStephen SinclairRick PorrasJamie SelkirkElijah WoodIan McKellenLiv TylerViggo MortensenJohn Ronald Reuel TolkienNew Line ProductionsIncWingNut Films (Firme)Alliance Atlantis (Firme)2003bookpBuRQgAACAAJOCLC:181340816frThe lord of the ringsLe seigneur des anneaux. The two towers. Les deux tours
  File "/Users/lee/calibredev/heuristics/src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/google.py", line 274, in get_all_details
    if ans.has_google_cover:
  File "/Users/lee/calibredev/heuristics/src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/book/base.py", line 149, in __getattribute__
    'Metadata object has no attribute named: '+ repr(field))
AttributeError: Metadata object has no attribute named: 'has_google_cover' 

******************************************************************************** 

****************************** Overdrive ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11')] 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Overdrive took 5.46746611595 

--- 
Series              : Lord of the Rings #2
Identifiers         : overdrive:57844706-20fa-4ace-b5ee-3470b1b52173 

******************************************************************************** 

****************************** ISBNDB ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/6.0.472.63 Safari/534.3')] 
Found 2 results 
Downloading from ISBNDB took 10.7118799686 

--- 
Publisher           : Boston : Houghton Mifflin Co., [1994], c1954.
Identifiers         : isbn:9780618129089
Comments            : The battle for Middle Earth intensifies as Frodo and Sam travel to Mordor with Gollum, and the other members of the Fellowship fight the machinations of Saruman. 

--- 
Title               : The Two Towers, 1954
Author(s)           : John Tolkien
Publisher           : AST
Identifiers         : isbn:9785170162758
Comments            : This page was created by "Islander-Book". The Two Towers John Ronald Reuel Tolkien - 5170162758 - 9785170162758 - Russian books. 

****************************** Amazon.com ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11')] 
Found 5 results 
Downloading from Amazon.com took 11.2579109669 

--- 
Title               : The Two Towers: Being the Second Part of the Lord of the Rings
Publisher           : Mariner Books
Language            : en
Rating              : 4.6
Published           : 2005-06-01T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : amazon:0618574956, isbn:9780618574957
Comments            : 
From Library Journal
New Line Cinema will be releasing "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy in three separate installments, and Houghton Mifflin Tolkien's U.S. publisher since the release of The Hobbit in 1938 will be re-releasing each volume of the trilogy separately and in a boxed set (ISBN 0-618-15397-7. $22; pap. ISBN 0-618-15396-9. $12). 
Copyright 2001 Reed Business Information, Inc. 
Review
"Tolkien's invention of strange peoples, curious incidents, miraculous doings, is poured out in this second volume of his trilogy as exuberantly and convincingly, in a dreamlike way, as ever. As the story goes on the world of the Ring grows more vast and mysterious or comic. The story is superb." The Observer 

--- 
Title               : The Lord of the Rings
Author(s)           : J. R. R. Tolkien & Alan Lee
Publisher           : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Rating              : 4.6
Published           : 2002-11-03T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : amazon:0618260587, isbn:9780618260584
Comments            : 
From Library Journal
New Line Cinema will be releasing "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy in three separate installments, and Houghton Mifflin Tolkien's U.S. publisher since the release of The Hobbit in 1938 will be re-releasing each volume of the trilogy separately and in a boxed set (ISBN 0-618-15397-7. $22; pap. ISBN 0-618-15396-9. $12). 
Copyright 2001 Reed Business Information, Inc. 
Review
"A work of immense narrative power that can sweep the reader up and hold him enthralled for days and weeks." The Nation

--- 
Author(s)           : J. R. R. Tolkien (author)
Identifiers         : amazon:B003N7UR96 

--- 
Publisher           : Ballentine Books
Published           : 1965-01-01T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : amazon:B003H72G78 

--- 
Title               : The LORD OF THE RINGS. Three Volumes. THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING. THE TWO TOWERS. THE RETURN OF THE KING.
Author(s)           : J. R. R. Illustrated By Francis Mosley. Drawings By Eric Fraser. Tolkien
Publisher           : Folio Society
Rating              : 5.0
Published           : 2004-05-03T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : amazon:B0012KRR80 
Trying alternate results page markup
No matches found with identifiers, retrying using only title and authors 

The identify phase took 14.85 seconds 
The longest time (14.694492) was taken by: Google 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates 
We have 12 merged results, merging took: 7.61 seconds 

****************************** Google Covers ****************************** 
Failed to download valid cover 
Took 0.615519046783 seconds 
Downloading cover from: http://books.google.com/books?id=EqgV2wJhi1cC&printsec=frontcover&img=1
Failed to download cover from: http://books.google.com/books?id=EqgV2wJhi1cC&printsec=frontcover&img=1
  File "/Users/lee/calibredev/heuristics/src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/google.py", line 240, in download_cover
    cdata = br.open_novisit(cached_url, timeout=timeout).read()
  File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
  File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 255, in _mech_open
httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 404: Not Found 

****************************** Amazon.com Covers ****************************** 
Downloaded cover: 328x500 
Took 1.74086594582 seconds 
Downloading cover from: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517KYu2KtKL..jpg 

****************************** Open Library Covers ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.153.1 Safari/525.19')] 
Downloaded cover: 314x500 
Took 1.43604588509 seconds 

****************************** Overdrive Covers ****************************** 
Downloaded cover: 510x664 
Took 11.0059170723 seconds 
No cached cover found, running identify
Downloading cover from: http://images.contentreserve.com/ImageType-100/0292-1\{F7D04E28-1A33-4579-B6A6-B6CD2A8BAC10}Img100.jpg 

Download complete, with 0 failures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-05-03 at 1.35.23 PM.png
Views:	460
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	70864  

Last edited by ldolse; 05-03-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 AM   #174
aznime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
I didn't understand what you were referring to regarding 'See at' in your PM's, but I've just gone digging to try to find it. 'See at' has nothing to do with merging metadata, I believe it's a red herring. Overdrive doesn't support constructing a simple URL based on the Overdrive ID, so it can't return a URL for the Overdrive website function like the other plugins do - that's all 'See at' does, is provide a link to the external website.

I just tried this with 'Return of the King' by Tolkien, and it gets all the info from Overdrive as expected. I think you need to be more specific with regard to what you're wanting to do. I believe based on the PMs we exchanged you only have Series selected in Overdrive, and you want that specific Overdrive metadata to be merged with other metadata sources.

As I noted in the PM before, specific details on what you have enabled, and what you wish to see, along with the logs would help a lot with assisting you.
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I understand now...it just bugs me that's all. Calibre does an excellent job in merging the results but it's just that calibre never populates the ID of a book from overdrive when used with other sources such as google and goodreads, although I see the results that calibre download from the overdrive in the log.

Yayyy! It works when I select "download all (slow)" and then deselect whatever I don't want such as tags, comments..,etc seems to do the trick. Now I'm able to get all ids (isbn, goodreads, google, overdrive) from all the sources I use.

Cheers!!!!

Last edited by aznime; 05-03-2011 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:06 AM   #175
lbik
Reader
lbik doesn't litterlbik doesn't litter

Device: Kindle KB and Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Date Modified = BAD DATE

After changing something the Date Modified is updated to: BAD DATE.
lbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:46 AM   #176
aznime

I'm not sure how calibre comes up with the published year '2007'. However, from going through the whole log, I think the earliest publication year is '2009' from HarperCollins. Please see attached pic below.

Code:
Starting download 
Query: title:Nightfall; authors:L. J. Smith 
Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'authors': [u'L. J. Smith'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Nightfall'} 
Using plugins: Goodreads, Google, Overdrive 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Goodreads ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Goodreads took 7.64499998093 

--- 
Title               : Nightfall
Author(s)           : L. J. Smith
Publisher           : HarperTeen
Tags                : Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Series              : The Vampire Diaries: The Return #1
Rating              : 3.63
Published           : 2009-02-10T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : isbn:9780061720772, goodreads:3934321
Comments            : <p>SUMMARY: Elena Gilbert has been through it all: She has fallen in love, fought ghastly evil, become a vampire, died, and then returned from dead. And now, torn between the love of two vampire brothers, she must face an ominous new danger. A demon has descended on the quiet hamlet of Fell's Church and seized the minds of numerous young girls. As his power grows, it becomes frighteningly apparent that this infernal force will ultimate threaten the whole world. This enthralling trilogy series extends L.*J. Smith's teen-pleasing Vampire Diaries series. Addictive suspense.</p> 
Querying: http://www.goodreads.com/search?search_type=books&search[query]=Nightfall+Smith
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3934321-nightfall' 

****************************** Overdrive ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')] 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Overdrive took 29.4869999886 

--- 
Tags                : Fiction, Horror, Romance, Young Adult Fiction
Series              : The Vampire Diaries: The Return #1
Published           : 2009-01-03T13:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : overdrive:2d5e943d-35c1-4714-a31a-a39222c9cc8e, isbn:9780061904110
Comments            : <blockquote><p>Elena Gilbert is alive — again.</p></blockquote><p>When Elena sacrificed herself to save the two vampire brothers who love her — the handsome, brooding Stefan and the sleek and dangerous Damon — she was consigned to a fate beyond death. Until a powerful supernatural force pulled her back.</p><p>Now Elena is not <em>just</em> human. She has powers and gifts that were bestowed on her in the afterlife. What's more, her blood pulses with an overwhelming and unique force that makes her irresistible to any vampire.</p><p>Stefan wants to find a way to keep Elena safe so that they can make a life together. Damon, however, is driven by an insatiable desire for power, and wants Elena to rule as his princess. When Stefan is lured away from Fell's Church, Damon seizes his chance to convince her that he is the brother she is meant to be with. . . . </p><p>But a darkness is infiltrating the town, and Damon, always the hunter, is now the hunted; he becomes the prey of a malevolent creature that can possess him at will, and who desires not just Elena's blood but her death. </p><p><strong>The first book in a new trilogy from L. J. Smith!</strong></p> 

****************************** Google ****************************** 
Found 5 results 
Downloading from Google took 7.68000006676 

--- 
Author(s)           : Joanna Murray-smith & Monash University. Playbox Theatre Centre
Publisher           : Currency Press in association with Playbox Theatre Centre, Monash University, Melbourne
Tags                : Australian Drama, Drama, General, English; Irish; Scottish; Welsh
Published           : 1999-12-01T10:25:09.143000+00:00
Identifiers         : google:J8R0AAAACAAJ, isbn:9780868195919
Comments            : The doorbell rings. They open the door. On the porch stands a young woman. Emily and Edward Kingsly have dreamt of this night for seven years. At the same time, however, they have shared the dread that their dream may turn into a nightmare. But nothing could have prepared them for the decision they must face which will change the nature of their relationship forever. Murray-Smith closely examines family, love and commitment with her characteristically sharp insight in this taut and compelling new drama. 

--- 
Author(s)           : Lisa J. Smith
Publisher           : HarperTeen
Tags                : Interpersonal Relations, Supernatural, Vampires, Family & Relationships, Interpersonal Relations, Fiction, Horror
Published           : 2009-05-15T10:25:06.675000+00:00
Identifiers         : google:aN-wx4yFNWgC, isbn:9780061720772
Comments            : After returning from the afterlife, Elena is forced to battle an ancient evil when Stefan, her vampire boyfriend, goes missing. 

--- 
Publisher           : HarperCollins Publishers Limited
Tags                : Fiction, Science Fiction, General
Published           : 2010-01-01T10:25:05.973000+00:00
Identifiers         : google:GJ8lQwAACAAJ, isbn:9780061990250 

--- 
Title               : The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Nightfall
Tags                : Brothers, Demoniac Possession, Horror Stories, Interpersonal Relations, Fiction, Supernatural, Vampires, Fantasy, General, Juvenile Fiction, Horror & Ghost Stories, Love & Romance, Fantasy & Magic, Horror
Published           : 2009-12-23T10:25:08.354000+00:00
Identifiers         : google:jesAXgTdFdoC, isbn:9780061720802
Comments            : To save the two vampire brothers who love her, Elena Gilbert sacrificed her life.   Now that a supernatural force has brought Elena back from the dead, all handsome, brooding Stefan wants is to keep her safe. But when he is lured away from Fell's Church, sleek, powerful Damon seizes his chance to win Elena over, unaware of the danger they're both in. A malevolent being has infiltrated the town and is growing stronger. Able to possess Damon at will, the creature is also drawn to Elena and the new power she has acquired. But it's after more than Elena's power: It thirsts for her death.   Elena's story continues in shadow souls! 

--- 
Title               : Andrew Gadd: Nightfall
Author(s)           : Edward Lucie-smith & Thomas Agnew (london)
Publisher           : Agnew's
Published           : 1998-05-15T10:25:10.206000+00:00
Identifiers         : google:JhPjSAAACAAJ 

The identify phase took 29.63 seconds 
The longest time (29.487000) was taken by: Overdrive 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates 
We have 3 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	70874  
Old 05-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #177
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbik View Post
After changing something the Date Modified is updated to: BAD DATE.
I would guess that's because whatever you changed was wrong. In other words, more details would be more helpful.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #178
ldolse
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznime View Post
I'm not sure how calibre comes up with the published year '2007'. However, from going through the whole log, I think the earliest publication year is '2009' from HarperCollins. Please see attached pic below.
Calibre queries a database called xisbn to find all the associated editions of the book, and then populates the published date with the earliest published version.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #179
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I'm using v0.7.59 (portable) and followed the instructions placing "test_eight_code = True" in the plugin tweeks, but I'm receiving the following error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

calibre, version 0.7.59
ERROR: Failed: There was a syntax error in your tweak. Click the show details button for details.

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\tweaks.py", line 274, in plugin_tweaks
File "<string>", line 7
Qt = <class 'PyQt4.QtCore.Qt'>
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #180
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
"test_eight_code = True"
Remove the "quotes"

the tweak is just

Quote:
test_eight_code = True
no quotes, then restart calibre.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote