Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 09-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #76
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yeah, like "The Year of the Flood" from Margaret Atwood.

about 1/3 way through.....
How is it?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'll third Flash Forward.
You want to purposely nominate an eBook that's seriously overpriced? Why? All eBook copies more expensive then the pBook version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Do folks want the 'where to find it' post for each voting title (like my sample for FlashForward)? I'll do it if you guys think it will be helpful and post when the voting thread starts. If it won't be helpful to anyone I won't do it.
I think that would be very good. It helped me decide not to vote for Flashforward due to the outrageous pricing.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #79
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I was going to nominate Verdant Skies, but it already has the three needed nominations. But it will get my vote come voting time.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #80
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think that would be very good. It helped me decide not to vote for Flashforward due to the outrageous pricing.
Well, I've got it ready to go but will happily add anything more that makes it in before the voting thread starts.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Well, I've got it ready to go but will happily add anything more that makes it in before the voting thread starts.
Please, add in all the other nominated eBooks. That would help others make their decisions based on price as well as the book.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #82
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I'll take my first dip into...what? fantasy, or how would Soul Identity be categorized?

Second Soul Identity by Denis Batchelder.
d
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Rated good on Amazon. First few paragraphs are interesting...

I'll second it.
That's actually a third.... added to the list.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #83
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
How is it?
Halfway now. Loving it. I don't think she's the writer Doctorow is, but it's a very engaging story.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #84
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
That's actually a third.... added to the list.

BOb
Oops, missed that I guess.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #85
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
You want to purposely nominate an eBook that's seriously overpriced? Why? All eBook copies more expensive then the pBook version.
No, I did it to help save Bob the trouble figuring out what to do with you rescinding your nomination.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #86
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The poll is open:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57770

BOb
Old 09-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #87
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
No, I did it to help save Bob the trouble figuring out what to do with you rescinding your nomination.
That would have been easy. Just remove it as it would only have two nominations. And given the price, do you really want to pay it?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #88
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I think you said you had an iPod touch. You can get it from Amazon for $8 in that case.

BOb