Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
jetreader
Banned
jetreader doesn't litterjetreader doesn't litter

Device: jetbook
Size matters, what about weight?

Several day ago a friend of mine showed me his new Sony. When I took it in my hand I felt that it's havier then my jeBook. How havier? I check it out on Sony website and found out: a bit more then 50 gramms. Is it a lot? Are we talking about something substantial? Well, let's say that you're sitting in a bar with your friends, trying to kill a bottle of Sothern Comfort (br-r-r-r-r), no I'd rather say Makers Mark (that's better!). And you already have 4 shots 50 gramms each. And then you have the fifth one after wich you realize that your plan to be a designated driver tonight miserably failed. 50 gramms could change your life so dramaticaly? Yes, man. And your hand, as I discovered while holding Sony bookreader, happens to be a rather sensitive instrument. 50 gramms means a lot. To say nothing about Kindle which weighs about 100 gramms more then jetBook. So the question is - is it important to you? I mean, how heavy your bookreader is?
jetreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
this has to be one of the best analogies i have ever heard in my life!

lighter is better, my conclusion: don't drink and read
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
yes, the weight of ebook reader is pretty important for me
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
jolleygoodfellow
jolleygoodfellow began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Jetbook, eBookwise 1150
I find that it is not just the weight. My 1150 is a pound and because of the battery case on the back it is very easy on the hand. But I agree about the Kindle and other flat bookreaders without something to hold onto a little weight makes a big differance.
jolleygoodfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:58 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
yes, the weight of ebook reader is pretty important for me
The Jetbook is the same weight (210g) as the Sony PRS-300, but both are considerably heavier than the CyBook Opus, which weighs only 150g.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Jetbook is the same weight (210g) as the Sony PRS-300, but both are considerably heavier than the CyBook Opus, which weighs only 150g.
according to Sony website Sony 300 Weight (Approx.) : Approx. 7.76 oz but jetBook's weight is 7,5 oz.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote