Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Out of print Kindle ebook

I'm sure others have already seen this happen, but it's the first time I've noticed it. Today I ran across a book that is no longer in print (or at least not available on Amazon), but is still available as an ebook -- They Say, I Say. The nice thing is that this is an accademic book and new versions of the book (from sellers other than Amazon) are going for $45+ and used versions of the book are going for $15+. The Kindle version is $9.99.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
For what it's worth the book isn't actually out of print -- just the hardcover is out of print. They have two paperbacks that are in print with one costing twice as much as the other (I have no idea why), and neither of them have Kindle editions.
They Say/I Say $17.32
They Say/I Say $35.77
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
This is becoming quite common for older out-of-print SciFi titles - showing up as ebooks.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I've picked up a number of old sci-fi books that have been republished in ebook format but haven't been printed for years.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Dana Stabenow has her Star Svensdotter (SciFi) and Liam Campbell (Mystery) books out for the Kindle and they're all out of print in paper (although I think the Campbell's are being re-printed soon).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
Just yesterday my boyfriend paid $30 for the paperback, at the school bookstore. I'd tell him to take it back and use my K2 - but then I'd have to share my K2, and I don't know how I feel about that
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchbaby View Post
Just yesterday my boyfriend paid $30 for the paperback, at the school bookstore. I'd tell him to take it back and use my K2 - but then I'd have to share my K2, and I don't know how I feel about that

I like the way you think!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:12 AM   #8
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I like the way you think!

Don
Heehee.

I'm trying to get him on the ebook train but he is being stubborn. Every time I see a contest/giveway, I sign him up. Maybe for Xmas I'll order one for him to test drive.
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote