Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Trying to find a catagory for those two novelas

I''m wondering if there is a standard way to tag two novellas in one book.

For Anthologies I usually use Anthology (multiple authors) but in some genres, Romance in particular, it is standard to have tons of books that have two novellas.

Curious how others tag these.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
GeekyGal
Enthusiast
GeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle FireHD, Kindle3G, iPad, MacBook, iRex Illiad (ret)
Lady Kate,

I'm not sure that there is a standard convention on this, but I agree that Anthology means a collection with one topic / multiple authors to me.

I use Collection for a book with multiple short stories or novellas by one author, and Omnibus for bundled novels or novels + shorter works [The Complete Mark Twain, for example].

I hope this helps. Cheers.
GeekyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Omnibus?
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Omnibus?
That is what Baen calls it when they roll 2 or more novels in the same series into one big book.

great question (I might need to make adjustments)

Anthologies: Worlds Greatest SF 20xx
Anthologies.Themed: Zombie Jamboree 1999 (oK I made that one up, but you get the picture. Implies Narrower than Anthologies.Horror

So it would be Collections.? for a collection of an authors Short stories?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
here some thoughts & opinions from LibraryThing - https://www.librarything.com/topic/23306

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is what Baen calls it when they roll 2 or more novels in the same series into one big book.

great question (I might need to make adjustments)

Anthologies: Worlds Greatest SF 20xx
Anthologies.Themed: Zombie Jamboree 1999 (oK I made that one up, but you get the picture. Implies Narrower than Anthologies.Horror

So it would be Collections.? for a collection of an authors Short stories?
I do Anthologies for mixed authors short stories, collections for same author short stories, omnibus for several works in same series.

The one I am never sure of is several works that are novellas or book length by different authors, different series. Generally I go by anthology, but this is not correct I am sure.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #7
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I agree Omnibus for two titles by the same author, but two novellas by two authors?

I finally put in Dual Novella as an interim tag lol. A number of romance publishers do this.

Thanks for your comments
Old 08-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
I agree Omnibus for two titles by the same author, but two novellas by two authors?

I finally put in Dual Novella as an interim tag lol. A number of romance publishers do this.

Thanks for your comments
You could use the plugin Epub Split to break those two novellas into separate entities and handle them as separate parts and get metadata for each. That way there would be no confusion.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
LadyKate
Fanatic

I think I'll stick with Dual Novella for now.

I use Omnibus for collections of novels by the same author,
Short Story Collection for short story collections by a single author
Anthology (Multiple Authors) for three or more novellas or short stories
BUT the romance genre seems to publish multiple uos: every month and I wanted a way to distinguish these from "Real" Anthologies.

And Jerseyman, if I every get my library to the point that I have the time, I'll attack all these duo's and parse them out. It is a good idea but lower down on the priority list