Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
awuedynx
Enthusiast
awuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Papyre Pad 7.1, Kobo Touch
Dying

Well... I‘m not very good in English but I hope that you can understand me.

Today I fix a teacher's book (something about Documemtation) to put on my kobo with calibre in epub format. After that I unplugged my kobo and try to read that book. My ereader start to... I don't know what word use... to... be slow and frozen for a minutes and all that. A little tired, I made a hard reset. Everithing works fine for a moment. Then I tried to put a few books again. When I opened one of that books my kobo had a simple reset but after that the book was easly opened.
Then I remember that my teacher's book and a book I was reading this week weren't there.

Connecting my kobo again I put on the books and disconnect it again.
I try to open a kepub (the art of war) and now my kobo is trying to turn up. First the... (hating that I can't use my words to describe this) "loading" page to turn on the kobo appear... then the blue light came to the party... so it was a loop of trying to turn on and simple reset...

In this moment my kobo is turning on, leaving me in the main page and after I can do something (like another hard reset or power off or something) the blue light appears again!

I tried to reset the kobi with the whole in the back, by pressing home button and moving the turn up/down switch... response to all that but the loop starts again: turn up, main page, reset.

Can you help me? I'm from Mexico and it was a gift so isn't so easy to call somebody or sending to the sellers. I'm afraid. I just have a few months with my KT.

Ps. Sorry for my bad English
awuedynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
It seems that the problems started when you loaded the teacher's book on to the Kobo. I think you must remove it. Does Calibre show that the book is on the Kobo? If so, use Calibre to delete it.

You can also try a Factory Reset. Press the Menu symbol in the top right corner. Choose Settings. Device Information. Factory Reset.

Note that this will return your Kobo to the state it was in when it was new.

Buena suerte.
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
awuedynx
Enthusiast
awuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of lightawuedynx is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Papyre Pad 7.1, Kobo Touch
Well... the problem is that didnt left me do something... In a moment I can do a factory reset manually (something with the home button) I upload a few books and the teacher's book and the problem started again. After another hard reset I decided to put that book on my cellphone and works fine... Don't know why mi kt don't support it.

I've to check what was the problem 'cause the book was made in Sigil by me.

By the moment my KT just have five books and the kbooks and still works fine.

Gracias ^^
awuedynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As 46jimbo said, there is something wrong with that book. The Kobo devices process new books when the see them and add the details to an internal database. The library list displayed uses this database. Some books have errors in them that cause the processing to stop. Usually, it stops processing the book and any more and displays the home screen. Occasionally, someone reports what you are seeing. The only solution is the factory reset and not putting the book back on until it is fixed.

As you created the book using Sigil, I am surprised that it has problems. But, you could try the error checking in Sigil or EpubCheck to see if they report anything.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote