Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
jlutes
Connoisseur
jlutes began at the beginning.

Device: none
IDs

Is there a way to manage how IDs are used? Is there a list of which ones are expected and what they do? Here's my issues:

1. Magazines - The magazines I subscribe to have ISSN numbers. If I enter an ISSN number formatted as "ISSN: xxxx-xxxx" a download metadata fails (no matches found). Am I correct in thinking I need a plugin to scrape an ISSN database source? Has anyone written one yet?

2. It appears that if an ID is not formatted as expected, Calibre deletes it. For example, the ISSN number above is saved in the metadata but I have some literature that has it's own serialized ID I wanted to place there. When I enter the number I don't get an error but it doesn't appear to save in the metadata either. For example, when I enter "TM-4025" the field stays green but if I click next and then back, the field is again blank.
jlutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutes View Post
For example, when I enter "TM-4025" the field stays green but if I click next and then back, the field is again blank.
TM-4025 isn't a properly formatted identifier. I'm guessing if you put

uniquename:TM-4025

that it might stay put and be saved.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert