Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
genuine leather covers at m-edge

The last time I had looked at m-edge they just had cases that were non-leather. Now it looks like they have real leather cases for the Sony 505 in Saddle, Mocha, black and red. I just ordered a saddle one. I should get it by wednesday or thurday so I can post a review then.

http://www.buymedge.com/p_Sony505Ex.html
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks, I've ordered a black one
guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
They still have the fatal design flaw of card pockets and a pen loop on the screen side (inside front) of the cover. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The also do not use the Sony clip attachment system.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Yeah I'm not to thrilled with the pen loop and pockets either. Not sure I understand why you would put a pen in with your reader but I like that it folds back. We have the saddle one for my husband's kindle and liked the leather color and the case over all.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:10 AM   #5
Dren
Dren began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW & Kobo Glo
This looks like a nice case but would it (or any similar case) actually provide any real protection to the screen?

My impression is that most broken screens are caused by flexing or twisting of the device rather than impact - yet every case design i've seen except one does not really protect against this.

Do I have the wrong end of the stick here or are manufacturers missing something?
Dren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #6
lisreed
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dren View Post
This looks like a nice case but would it (or any similar case) actually provide any real protection to the screen?

My impression is that most broken screens are caused by flexing or twisting of the device rather than impact - yet every case design i've seen except one does not really protect against this.

Do I have the wrong end of the stick here or are manufacturers missing something?
I received the case today and really like it. It does provide real protection. It fits tightly in the case, its not going to move around. The case itself is hard enough that I think provides good protection. The leather is nice. I like the color.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0182.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	421.6 KB
ID:	18613   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	460.3 KB
ID:	18614   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0181.JPG
Views:	458
Size:	481.8 KB
ID:	18615   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0183.JPG
Views:	468
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	18616  
Old 12-03-2008, 12:56 AM   #7
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Hi,

is it possible with the case to bend the front cover over to the back when reading? Or is it too stiff for this and could damage?

Bye,
Juergen
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:00 AM   #8
lisreed
Addict

That's what I am showing in the 4th picture. You can bend it back. The spine is flexible for this.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:13 AM   #9
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisreed View Post
That's what I am showing in the 4th picture. You can bend it back. The spine is flexible for this.
Ah, ok, didn't see that. It' a bit early here (7am)
Old 01-20-2009, 06:18 AM   #10
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur

I've now also received my m-edge Executive Jacket for my PRS-505 and it works really good. Only complain is about the smell. It really stinks like chemicals, glue or something. Hope that will become better as time passes...

Bending back the front cover works, but I'm not sure how long it will last.
Anyway it's a real good protection for the 505, much better than the original cover!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #11
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggle4Evr View Post
...Only complain is about the smell. It really stinks like chemicals, glue or something. Hope that will become better as time passes...
It should disappear quickly. I got a leather iLiad cover for Christmas and it also smelled the first week, now it's almost nothing.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #12
Drezin
Connoisseur
Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-505
How does it dasten closded?Is it a snap?
Drezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #13
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezin View Post
How does it dasten closded?Is it a snap?
The picture should explain the mechanism.

All in all I'm still very satisfied with the cover!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prs505.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	23188  
Old 02-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #14
Drezin
Connoisseur
Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!Drezin rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-505
Oh, okay. so it just kind of slips into the pocket. Does that keep it shut securely?
Drezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:39 PM   #15
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezin View Post
Oh, okay. so it just kind of slips into the pocket. Does that keep it shut securely?
If you have it in a bag or backpack it's ok. I prefer this kind of closure over a magnetic one, I have already had a destroyed credit card magnetic strip.