Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
rflashman
Zealot
rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Archos 605 Wifi, & Sony PRS-500
Replacement Case

The case that came with it really bites...

1. It can't fold back
2. The Kimble lifts from the right side
3. It always wants to close

I really miss the really nice SONY case. Can't wait until a proper 3rd party case appears for this device.
rflashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
SanAntone
Connoisseur
SanAntone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and Scribe
Mine folds back just fine.

I would like a new or different option though.
SanAntone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:33 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I pretty much gave up using the Kindle in the case. I always remove it. Then I turn the case sideways and use it to prop up the Kindle while web browsing.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Mine seems to work okay but I may use some velcro to make it a little more secure.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
rflashman
Zealot
rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntone View Post
Mine folds back just fine.

I would like a new or different option though.
Aha, got it to fold back, just had to force it past some scary sounding 'cardboard craking' noises... now it folds back... I still want something better too.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:15 AM   #6
bspooky
bspooky began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Manufacturers!

I suggest we continue to all contact case makers for other products to ask for one made for the Kindle. I have already contacted vaja (www.vajacases.com) which make stunning products for PDAs, Phones, etc. and I loved their case for my Palm back in the day.

Piel Frama and EB Cases would be a couple others to suggest to, but I like Vaja. If enough of us contact them maybe they will make one!
bspooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #7
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I'm actually enjoying reading it in the case not folded back. Feels rather book-like to me. I certainly wouldn't mind something a bit more luxe, though.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #8
gasusan
gasusan began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle (soon)
I would love an excuse to get another Vaja case I am still waiting for my Kindle to arrive.... supposedly December 4 (fingers crossed)

Susan
gasusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
azog
Enthusiast
azog began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle
Someone elsewhere posted about http://www.buymedge.com/. They've already got a Gen3 cover, maybe in a little while they'll have a Kindle cover? I've dropped them a query about it. I've never purchased from them.
azog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
azog
Enthusiast
azog began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle
Well, just an update to my above: they replied back, and they say they'll probably have a cover for the Kindle by the end of this month or early January.
azog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #11
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

I would love it if they found a way to border the screen. I think it would improve the contrast. It seems it would be hard with the left side buttons, though.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #12
Alisa
Gadget Geek

Oh, and another thing that would kick butt: integrate a nice, small LED booklight into it.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #13
sfernald
Zealot
sfernald doesn't littersfernald doesn't litter

Hey you guys don't leave the cardboard in there do you? I ripped that out assuming it was just for shipping purposes.

It works fine for me without the cardboard. I use it every day with the cover.
sfernald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #14
Alisa
Gadget Geek

Yeah. I find it stays in quite well if you make sure that little tab in the back is hooked into the back of the Kindle.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #15
rflashman
Zealot

Occassionally the 'little tab' takes the back off my kindle, exposing the battery. Not often, but has happened 2-3 times.