Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
fmeyer
fmeyer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle DX and DXI hardware differences

Hi there,

A friend of mine just bought a kindle DX and gave it to me. as I'm outside US, so it's impossible to have any suitable wireless connection through its network. my question is, basically, what are the hardware differences between DX and DXI, is it just the internal sim card?

Is there any way of turning a DX into a DXI with some hack?

thanks in advance.
fmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
They use completely different wireless hardware. The original version used EVDO and Sprint in the US. The new version uses GSM and AT&T.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
kindx
kindx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxi
DXI has other mini-pci-e modem: anydata DTP-600W and a sim card beside (J3)
so turning DX to DXI will need modem exchange, solder simcard holder, insert simcard, configure software to use it proper
kindx is offline   Reply With Quote