Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #16
jgsmith
Connoisseur
jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW2
Actually, my mistake. It has only been removed from the "Free" section. If you search for it, it is still free. Strange.

Jim
jgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Those that are free by mistake generally disappear after a few hours (or minutes). This one and the others were pre-order specials. Sony has done this before, offering a book that Amazon doesn't have yet for free, then raising the price as the release date hits/approaches.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #18
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I'm not sure if I'm feeling "left out" of the Sony book store or not. I've yet to be able to sucessfully load the new reader program, v3.0 or 3.1 onto my laptop. Since Sony's store doesn't allow v2.5 program to access any longer, I'm screwed. I do try to browse the other bookstores though.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:14 PM   #19
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I've looked all around the Connect store but I don't see any Freebie section that several of you have mentioned. How do I get to it?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #20
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I've looked all around the Connect store but I don't see any Freebie section that several of you have mentioned. How do I get to it?
On the main page, look at the left hand side menu. You'll see "Bargain-Priced." Click that, and at the top of that screen you'll see "Free Ebooks."
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #21
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treven View Post
I'm not sure if I'm feeling "left out" of the Sony book store or not. I've yet to be able to sucessfully load the new reader program, v3.0 or 3.1 onto my laptop. Since Sony's store doesn't allow v2.5 program to access any longer, I'm screwed. I do try to browse the other bookstores though.
Have you tried uninstalling what you currently have, installing the latest ADE, then installing the new Sony software?

Assuming, of course, that you have the 2.5 install files so that you can go back, if you want to do so.

Also, if on vista or W7, I'd turn the install program as the adminstrator (not just as an administrator equivalent user).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #22
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
This book is now not listed as free anymore. It's selling on Sony for $6.07.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote