Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #3886
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
I think it's 15 mins.
Thanks. I'll select 3 minutes and check it to make sure it's sleeping before putting down for the night.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #3887
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
How does lrf scale work? I've changed the value zoom M, and then i've reformated the book, but i haven't seem any change on the size font.

thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #3888
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
It happened again with standby timer set to default.

Experimenting I have not had it occur setting the timer to 1, 3, 5 or 10 minutes.

I also noticed the time format setting was overridden by PRS+ in page view. The Sony FW says the time is in 12 hour while PRS+ is 24 hour. Perhaps, this affects the timer.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #3889
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

How can i sort by title the different titles of the menus, like prsplus settings?

in this menu it is used this setence:

// Sort nodes by title
prspSettingsNode.nodes.sort(function(a, b){
if (a.title < b.title) return -1;
if (a.title > b.title) return 1;
return 0;
Old 10-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #3890
VICTORSJG
Addict

Mark, when the beta test is used, there is a file settings where the settings are shown, but i don't find this file in the internal memory when prs plus is installed on the reader. is there this file on the version of the default repository or only It is created on beta test?

is it possible to gain access to this file of any way, to delete a specific value?

thanks

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 10-15-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #3891
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
Mark, when the beta test is used, there is a file settings where the settings are shown, but i don't find this file in the internal memory when prs plus is installed on the reader. is there this file on the version of the default repository or only It is created on beta test?

is it possible to gain access to this file of any way, to delete a specific value?
thanks
With standard PRS+ installed, the settings are written to non visible part of the file-system. (somewhere in OPT1/PRSP/)
In principle, it is possilbe to access spezific settings, but it is not coded yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
How can i sort by title the different titles of the menus, like prsplus settings?

in this menu it is used this setence:

// Sort nodes by title
prspSettingsNode.nodes.sort(function(a, b){
if (a.title < b.title) return -1;
if (a.title > b.title) return 1;
return 0;
If you are refering to the new Size-Popup, there is no way to sort entries, other then to reshuffle them in the sources. As PopupMenu doesn't use any of the "highlevel" node codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
It happened again with standby timer set to default.

Experimenting I have not had it occur setting the timer to 1, 3, 5 or 10 minutes.

I also noticed the time format setting was overridden by PRS+ in page view. The Sony FW says the time is in 12 hour while PRS+ is 24 hour. Perhaps, this affects the timer.
I, for myself, always switch to standby using the power-slider, most times being in a book. Not switching back to the home-screen.

PRS+ uses it's own time-setting, choose your liking in corresponding PRS+ Setting.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #3892
VICTORSJG
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post

If you are refering to the new Size-Popup, there is no way to sort entries, other then to reshuffle them in the sources. As PopupMenu doesn't use any of the "highlevel" node codes.
I'm refering to the different menus of prsplus, like viewer book, lrf scale, standby image, etc
Old 10-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #3893
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Victor
I think we had this discussion some time ago. PRS+ Settings are (somehow) logically structured (I know, this can be discussed), so that alphabetical sorting will not do any good. So there will be no action taken within the main-project.

But in principle the sorting code you mentionted should work with all settings-nodes. You will just have to put it in the right places. (Don't ask, I will NOT look into this)
Old 10-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #3894
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
With standard PRS+ installed, the settings are written to non visible part of the file-system. (somewhere in OPT1/PRSP/)
In principle, it is possilbe to access spezific settings, but it is not coded yet.
Hi all,

Using the CLI app, you can view the settings:

cd /opt0/prsp
ls

then view specific settings with the 'more' command:

more MusicPlayer.config

However, you can't edit these files, nor would you want to, since changing a setting usually also involves running some code as well.

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #3895
VICTORSJG
Addict

How can i delete a collection with the action delete item, as pictures, books, etc, on prs 505?

thanks
Old 10-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #3896
wintrup
wintrup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, PRS-350
My PRS-350 is currently running Zork and I was using book covers as my screensaver. I just changed that to use the .png files I had in Images directory, but they don't open. Only .jpg files open. Any ideas?
wintrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #3897
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintrup View Post
My PRS-350 is currently running Zork and I was using book covers as my screensaver. I just changed that to use the .png files I had in Images directory, but they don't open. Only .jpg files open. Any ideas?
Convert the PNG images to JPG images and put them back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #3898
wintrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Convert the PNG images to JPG images and put them back.
I've done that and they still don't show up. The same .png files work on my other PRS-350 that runs on stock Sony firmware.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #3899
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

wintrup,

so you have changed PRS+Screensaver Settings to default,
and then opened the stock picture-app, OPTION -> select images for screensaver (or so, no device near to check), checked the ones you like, pressed finshed top right?
Old 10-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #3900
wintrup

Quote:
wintrup,

so you have changed PRS+Screensaver Settings to default,
and then opened the stock picture-app, OPTION -> select images for screensaver (or so, no device near to check), checked the ones you like, pressed finshed top right?
Of course! Thanks Mark