Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Anything and Everything (just a really short story)

There are ghosts on the subway, there really are. It's not something we like to think about but they are there. How can they not be there? With all of us millions riding it every day, an accident has got to happen, and there isn’t an accident without a human involved. It’s all the same though, just numbers.

I'm standing in the ever long line waiting for the "L" to arrive. It always takes forever. Went in at least 100 times and yet I never manage to get there without just missing it. I'm just standing there waiting for it, when I look over and notice that a woman that's just standing way to close to the tracks. She seems to notice it, almost like it’s intentional. I start to make my way over to her when she actually jumps down on the tracks, hits the live track and gets electrocuted. Everyone around looks and screams, like it’s some kind of accident. I know better. She wanted to do it, for whatever reason, she wanted to. And yet I see her back on the waiting station, like it never happened, and she's looking at me.

"Hi, I'm Ashley. Are you enjoying that picture of what you think should be happening right now? I bet you’re hoping it’s kind of like reading a book and looking down on what happens. Heh, not happening. This is all real."

I look at Ashely, she’s absolutely gorgeous, and could fall in love with her in a heartbeat.

"Uhh, you just died. I watched you die"

"And yet I'm here talking to you." she replies.

"I don't get it, but you’re still beautiful. Your dead and I still see you. If I died, would I be able to be with you?"

"Yeah, you could be right here with me. We could be here with each other for eternity."

I wait for the next train to come. It’s taking longer than I have the patience for. Finally I can hear one coming down the tracks. It's coming. It's coming through the station, almost in front of me. I got less than a second to make up my mind.

I decide.

I jump.

The train rides over my body. It's all over; I'm totally dead, at least in that world. I'm now here with Ashley.

"I'm here with you now."

"As I can see. I'm happy, and I won’t have to be alone. Promise to love me always?"

"Always, forever and ever."

"So what happens from here?"

"Anything and Everything."
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well, I enjoyed the story! Well done.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I really liked it! Write something else!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys : )

As for something else, I got the general ideas worked out for a ghost story, but still got a long time before that will be any where near done.

The short story above was just something i thought up while living in chicago and constantly hearing about people falling on the tracks of the L and getting killed.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Nice short story! Show us more
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
That was a nice short story....What a twist it could have had at the end, though ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #7
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-16-2010 at 03:52 AM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My thought was more the one where he does jump and join her - then she leaves him ....
Old 03-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan

Or she could of been one of satan's demons, and then drags him to hell after he jumps in front of the train. It could of gone all kinds of directions, but I thought it was the most beautifull the way it is.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Or she could of been one of satan's demons, and then drags him to hell after he jumps in front of the train. It could of gone all kinds of directions, but I thought it was the most beautifull the way it is.

Oh - don't get me wrong - your version is brill as is .....