Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-12-2008, 05:41 AM   #1
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator
TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Sony Reader Icons, Other Reader Icons and much more!

I updated the PSP icon on 9/14 with a better picture and quality. If you were one of the 12 people to download it, please redownload it. I will remove this notice in one weeks time to let everyone get a chance to see it

Welcome to my Icon thread. Be sure to give a read and check out the icons. If you have a request or want a variation of an existing icon, post below and include the picture you want used if possible. You can even request an icon for a non-electronic device.

Latest Updates - Patriot Xporter XT 16GB Flash Drive, Mobile Read Logo, Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Polymer Vision Readius, Higher Quality PSP Icon

ALL ICONS MADE AFTER 9/15 WILL BE POSTED IN MY SECOND POST BECAUSE OF THE 18 ATTACHMENT RULE

I will be trying to add at least 1 electronic related icon a day.

The unofficial official MobileRead.com logo icon for personal use! ^_^
If the owners of this site do not want this logo to be used as an icon, let me know and I will take it down. I figured since I am uploading all kinds of icons, why not the logo of the site I'm on?

So I figure some people may want these so I am sharing them. I made icons for several electronic devices including the Sony Reader PRS-505 and Kindle which will display when you connect the device or the SD/MS Pro Duo card from the device to let you know that it is connected under My Computer in Windows.

Each file includes 2 files, file.ico (the icon file) and autorun.inf (to display the icon and change the label of the drive to the device)

To install, you merely extract the archive and copy both files to the root of the electronic device or SD/MS card from the device. You can edit the autorun.inf file to display whatever you want as the label instead of, for example, "Sony Reader PRS-505". You can also renamed the icon file to whatever you like but you have to change it in the autorun.inf file as well so the icon will display.

These icons will only work if the device shows up under My Computer when you plug it in. I am not sure if every device I create an icon for can do that.

Personally, I have the files hidden on my drive but they are not hidden in the rar file but you can set them to hidden if you wish. they will work either way.

All icons are transparent.

All the icon images. This is merely a picture of all the .ico files in each of these archives. The autorun.inf changes the name of the device when plugged in and shows the icon named in the inf file.

List of files and which device they pertain to
Sony Reader PRS-505 = prs505.rar
Sony Reader PRS-500 = prs500.rar
Motorola Razr v3 = v3m.rar
Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) = psp.rar
Blackberry Curve 8330 (Alltel) = 8330.rar
iRex iLiad = iliad.rar
Amazon Kindle = kindle.rar
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W80 = w80.rar
Sony Reader PRS-505 Blue = prs505b.rar
Sony Reader PRS-505 Red = prs505r.rar
Evil Monkey from Family Guy inspired by Catire's Avatar = evmk.rar
iPhone = iphone.rar [ico is for 3g model but shouldn't be noticeable, displays as 'iPhone']
Microsoft Zune = zune.rar [original Zune 30 model]
Patriot Xporter XT 16GB Flash Drive = px16gb.rar
MobileRead.com Logo = mobi.rar

Added an Evil Monkey icon inspired by Catire's avatar. Ok, directly ripped from it ^_^. I don't know why but the monkey compelled me to do it! Example of how it displays is below. Add it to any device. All icons should theoretically work on a harddrive but won't show until restart.

Feel free to upload and use any icons anywhere you want. I wouldn't mind a credit and linkback but it isn't necessary.

Any thanks or karma if you like them is appreciated ^_^

Because of the amount of updates in this main post, I will occasionally reword or edit it, this includes adding or removing pictures.
Attached Files
File Type: rar prs505.rar (170.0 KB, 835 views)
File Type: rar prs500.rar (205.2 KB, 560 views)
File Type: rar v3m.rar (17.0 KB, 490 views)
File Type: rar 8330.rar (175.9 KB, 543 views)
File Type: rar iliad.rar (234.9 KB, 531 views)
File Type: rar kindle.rar (116.6 KB, 549 views)
File Type: rar w80.rar (205.5 KB, 496 views)
File Type: rar prs505b.rar (182.0 KB, 573 views)
File Type: rar prs505r.rar (249.1 KB, 563 views)
File Type: rar evmk.rar (190.3 KB, 528 views)
File Type: rar iphone.rar (178.9 KB, 555 views)
File Type: rar zune.rar (185.5 KB, 510 views)
File Type: rar px16gb.rar (159.9 KB, 569 views)
File Type: rar mobi.rar (72.0 KB, 490 views)
File Type: rar cygen3.rar (149.7 KB, 483 views)
File Type: rar readius.rar (113.7 KB, 471 views)
File Type: rar gatorade.rar (146.3 KB, 481 views)
File Type: rar psp.rar (85.5 KB, 489 views)

Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 09-14-2008 at 11:38 PM.
TheHeartlessHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #2
GingerTez
Stroppy Ginger Scotsman
GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Fantastic!

I was wondering about this and was going to look into how to do it... saved me some time! I didn't realise there'd be a fellow geek out there (no offence intended) who'd think of the same thing.

Cheers,
Terry.
GingerTez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2008, 06:20 AM   #3
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator
TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

This is will a continuation of my original post. Because the upload limit is 18 files, I will have to continue via this post. Look for all the newest ones from 9/15+ here.

Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 09-14-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
Thumbs up

Very helpful. Thanks for sharing.
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator

Thanks for the replies and people actually downloading.

Is there anyway to change the thread title? It's not exactly just the PRS-505 anymore.
Advert
Old 09-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #6
sdoane57
sdoane57 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Thanks!

Thanks! This is a nice enhancement.
sdoane57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeartlessHero View Post
Thanks for the replies and people actually downloading.

Is there anyway to change the thread title? It's not exactly just the PRS-505 anymore.
Will do.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #8
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Thank you, it looks nice and it works like a charm.

I have a silver 505 but if its not too much trouble you might want to make a blue 505 icon for blue owners
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #9
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator

Yea sure. I could also make a red. This is why i said if anyone wanted a variation to post it here. I will uploaded red and blue versions tomorrow. I just got home from work and I'm bushed.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:53 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
May I suggest a different thread title. It still looks as though it's only Sony icons and the fact of thread being in the Sony forum re-inforces that impression.

Maybe something along the lines of "Various reader icons for your computer". And move the thread to the deals and freebies board.

BTW, thanks for putting in all the work to do this!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #11
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator

Well Patricia changed it for me I assume. I do like it in this board as it started here but it has expanded greatly. Not even just readers anymore. I would prefer it stay in this forum but wouldn't necessarily oppose it. As long as I could find where it moved to or if a Moved:Thread Title, remained here so others could see it. Maybe make it a cross board sticky? something like "Reader Icons and More" that displays as a sticky in all reader boards. I've seen some sites with that kind of ability.

Also, I'm not opposed to readers making their own icons. I can even provide a tutorial if someone wishes. Also, if you have a request with a specific picture in mind, please include it.

Well, since they literally take just minutes to make. I finished the red and blue 505 and included them in the main thread.

I was compelled to do a totally unrelated electronics icon. Thus, EVIL MONKEY! Although I am unsure the source image was high enough quality. He looks kinda fuzzy, blurry. Maybe I'll redo it.

Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 09-12-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:11 AM   #12
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Heartless, thanks for the blue PRS-505 icon. It looks mah-velous.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:38 AM   #13
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
lol thanks for the evil monkey icon
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #14
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Thanks for posting these Heartless! Good work!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #15
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator

Updated the evil monkey icon. The first source image I had didn't translate well to an icon. The new one looks much better and much clearer than the old image. If you were one of the 5 or so who downloaded it before, remember to redownload it to get the improved image.

Also remember that I won't be posting each time a new icon is submitted. So please check back periodically to see what I have added. An iPhone/iTouch and Zune icons are coming soon!

Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 09-13-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Tags
duck!