Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
Ackhughes
Ackhughes began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Question one library 2 places

I have my library on my laptop and i just installed it on my home computer I uploaded all my books onto it all 4000+ ( no doubles i cheacked ) Is there a way to keep them both current when i download or add books or must i keep doing it separately?? Is there a way to save the books ( i have to change them to look right, correct the titles, authors and etc) so that if i have to reinstall or put calibre on another comp i wont have to start from zero?
I really need help!

Ackhughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If you have an external drive you could keep a library on it and use it to update from one computer to another.

You can copy books from one library to another and use the option to overwite existing. Still you must be extra careful when doing this

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
Ackhughes
Ackhughes began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
So if i have a library on a flashdrive? do all the correcting there? then just reload it on laptop and computer?
Ackhughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I would use copy to library with the overwrite existing formats selected in preferences>adding books as it is much faster

Select book(s), right click and this option will show up, and it will save library locations in a drop down list.

I would use the flashdrive as the master for editing, less chance of messing up if the master is always the flashdrive

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I put my library on Dropbox, and that synchronises between laptop and desktop. As long as you only have one instance of calibre running at any time, you shouldn't have any problems. I've seen plenty of people on here with a similar setup.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
If you don't switch often you can copy the library using the backup.

You can even change the scripts that are used to launch calibre so that the local install is updated from the backup, before calibre is launched. And when you leave calibre the backup copy is automatically updated.

The backup could be on a network somewhere. Or a removable hd or thumbdrive.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
current, database, library backup