Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
I just bought a stylus that has a fabric / mesh tip that I like better than all the others I've tried. Seems like the hollow rubber kind but covered with some sort of fabric. It slides way better over the screen and doesn't seem to have so many touch problems that I had with others. The rubber tips seem to bog down or skip for me.

The brand I got was QVS, made in China, and I can't for the life of me find it online. If you search for fabric or mesh or microfiber tip capacitive stylus you'll find some similar ones. Amazon has some. Boxwave has some on their site. Just make sure it's the fabric and not rubber tips.

As an extra, the fabric wipes away some of the smudges on the screen while you use it!
Where did you get this at? Maybe I will just put some fabric over a piece of rubber.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #17
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Well I may make one myself then. I just received the Amazon Basic stylus for KF and it is no better than my cheapy. I will say the Paperwhite touch is not as responsive and the KFHD.

Not sure what I can do about that, I try to turn pages, over and over again. KFHD no problem, it does it easy. I still love the PW to read on, now that I got the brightness I needed, but frustrated changing pages.
The PW is simply not as fast as the KFHD, so maybe your ninja-quick page turns are too fast for the PW to pick up consistently. Does the PW use taps or swipes to turn pages? If it's swipes, have you tried swiping more slowly?

As far as making your own gloves is concerned, I saw an interesting video where the guy used a sheet of the material from an antistatic bag (commonly used to wrap electronics components like hard drives, RAM, etc) as a stylus, so it should be possible to cut small pieces of the bag material and sew them onto the tips of your gloves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBpo7USR8I8
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #18
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Where did you get this at? Maybe I will just put some fabric over a piece of rubber.
I don't think any old fabric will do and I don't know what kind it is - probably has capacitive qualities.

I've only seen fabric covered ones at one store in Hawaii. Probably doesn't help you much.

Also found these on Amazon that look like they're the same. But prettier. Mine is black.

http://www.amazon.com/Friendly-Micro...ber+tip+stylus
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #19
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
I don't think any old fabric will do and I don't know what kind it is - probably has capacitive qualities.

I've only seen fabric covered ones at one store in Hawaii. Probably doesn't help you much.

Also found these on Amazon that look like they're the same. But prettier. Mine is black.

http://www.amazon.com/Friendly-Micro...ber+tip+stylus
Very interesting saved that on my bookmarks for later shopping. I have noticed the rubber tip kinda sticks when you swipe. I have streak marks on my screen, guess I push to hard on it

I am going to try eyeglass cleaner micro type fabric (don't know what it is called) that slides.

The PW (from the pictures on the Amazon) it looks like an extra layer of glass over the capacitive layer. Maybe that is why it is not as responsive. I haven't noticed anyone else commenting on this.

Last edited by new; 12-01-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: typos as usual
Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #20
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
The PW is simply not as fast as the KFHD, so maybe your ninja-quick page turns are too fast for the PW to pick up consistently. Does the PW use taps or swipes to turn pages? If it's swipes, have you tried swiping more slowly?

As far as making your own gloves is concerned, I saw an interesting video where the guy used a sheet of the material from an antistatic bag (commonly used to wrap electronics components like hard drives, RAM, etc) as a stylus, so it should be possible to cut small pieces of the bag material and sew them onto the tips of your gloves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBpo7USR8I8
No ninja page turns here

You can page tap or swipe. I have tried quick swipes, short and long swipes, it is a fine art I guess.

I don't have this problem on an Ipod Touch 4 or the KFHD. So it is definitely the PW that is the problem child.

I just bought a hard drive and there was so extra fabric there, just a box
Advert