Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
Help for iPad Mini with pdf & html ebooks

Could anyone point me in the direction of a really good app to read ebooks in PDF format on a new iPad Mini. I also would appreciate any advice on reading ebooks in HTML format - I have tried HTML Books and Goodreader but in each case the print is way too tiny to read and I cannot figure out how to increase text size without it disappearing off the edge. What I really want is an app or apps which will work as well as iBooks does for epub format - am I reaching for the stars??? I have only had the iPad mini for a week but it is a match made in heaven to read epub and mobi books because of its light weight which does not make my arthritic fingers cramp and I love it. I suppose I can go to a huge amount of trouble and take all my books through Calibre for conversion to epub or mobi but I am talking about many hundreds of books in pdf and html format. Can anyone help please?? thanks Berni
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
Aerys
Connoisseur
Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.

Device: iPad 2 & Nexus 7
AFAIK, iBooks can view PDF files. You can sync them to the Mini via iTunes but will show up in iBooks under the PDF collection of the Library button.
Aerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Yes, iBooks is pretty good at displaying pdf. For html I'm not sure what the best solution would be, maybe simply a web browser? iCab for iPad can open external files using the open in function, but I haven't tried it with a html file.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Calibre (freeware) can easily convert HTML docs into an ePub or mobi/KF8 so you can read them on any app that reads ePubs or Kindle books. If you convert them to ePub or mobi/KF8 you can highlight and bookmark them in many of the apps.

EDIT: PDF Reader Pro is really good, but it is a paid app. Adobe Reader is available for free, but I rarely used it so I cannot remember whether it is good or not.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-08-2012 at 11:16 AM.