Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
PRS-T1: collection name for series

I recognized that the T1 sort the collections with "." or "_" at the end of the collection-list. So I want all genres at top and the series at the end.

There I want to have my series.

I wanted to rename the collection via calibre (SONY-rename collection - I have a German calibre) like:
".Albion (Reihe)" which is in English ".Albion (series)"

But I get an error:
GET_CATEGORY Format specifier missing precision

My rename looks like this:
sony_collection_name_template = '{value} {category:.| (|)}'
sony_collection_renaming_rules = {'series': 'Reihe'}
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Sorry, I am confused. Are you trying to put a period in front of all collection category names (e.g. Reihe) or in front of all collection values (e.g. Albion)? And you want this to happen for all collections, regardless of the column from which the collection is built?

Regarding the specific error: you can't put constant text (the period) at that position in a template item. That is where the 'format specification' goes, which tells the formatter how numbers are to be rendered, how many characters to print, etc. Given what you did, my guess is that you want
Code:
sony_collection_name_template = '{value} {category:| (.|)}'
However, the above will produce "Albion (.Reihe)", so you might want instead
Code:
sony_collection_name_template = '{value:|.|} {category:| (|)}'
which will produce ".Albion (Reihe)".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Sorry, I am confused. Are you trying to put a period in front of all collection category names (e.g. Reihe) or in front of all collection values (e.g. Albion)? And you want this to happen for all collections, regardless of the column from which the collection is built?
I only want to put a "." point in front of a series.
Because the point "." is therefore that I want to set the series at the end of my collections.
The collections made of genres/tags are listed first - without a point in front.

Like:
Fantasy
History
Science-Fiction
.Albion (series)
.Star Wars (series)

Quote:
Regarding the specific error: you can't put constant text (the period) at that position in a template item. That is where the 'format specification' goes, which tells the formatter how numbers are to be rendered, how many characters to print, etc. Given what you did, my guess is that you want
Code:
sony_collection_name_template = '{value} {category:| (.|)}'
However, the above will produce "Albion (.Reihe)", so you might want instead
Code:
sony_collection_name_template = '{value:|.|} {category:| (|)}'
which will produce ".Albion (Reihe)".
This produces also ".Fantasy" ".History"

Maybe it is easier if I say what I want:
1) All collections made from genres should be first
2) At the end I want all series
in my collection list.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can think of two ways to accomplish what you want:

1. Put the category in front and (possibly) remove the category label for everything except series. Use .Reihe as the category label for series. You don't say where genre comes from, but assuming that genre is a custom column, something like:
Code:
sony_collection_name_template = '{category:||: }{value} '
sony_collection_renaming_rules = {'series':'.Reihe', '#genre':''}
2. Create a composite custom column that adds the period in front of the series name, then create your series collections from that. The template for the column would be something like {series:|.|}
Old 11-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
salines
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I can think of two ways to accomplish what you want:

1. Put the category in front and (possibly) remove the category label for everything except series. Use .Reihe as the category label for series. You don't say where genre comes from, but assuming that genre is a custom column, something like:
Code:
sony_collection_name_template = '{category:||: }{value} '
sony_collection_renaming_rules = {'series':'.Reihe', '#genre':''}
2. Create a composite custom column that adds the period in front of the series name, then create your series collections from that. The template for the column would be something like {series:|.|}
I want to use the second.
I create composite custom col.
I used {series:|.|} as template
Then I get the series name with a starting point like: ".Star Wars" BUT without the series number.
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Add the series number to the template
Code:
{series:|.|}{series_index:| [|]}
You probably also will want to change the tweak that controls how the collections are sorted: "Specify how SONY collections are sorted". Something like
Code:
sony_collection_sorting_rules = [(['#new_col_lookup_key'],'series_index')]
And you are welcome.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
salines
Zealot

Thanks.
I experemented but my T1 doesn't create the series from the new column - and I adjusted the SONY T1 driver in calibre to create collections also from the new column.
The collections of that series column aren't created.

So I decided to make all more simple: Only a point "." at the start of a series-collection like ".Star Wars" - without the extra word "(series)". That function very well.

----

I also saw that the guy who makes the root wanted to create a special view for series: http://code.google.com/p/sonyprst1ho...es/detail?id=2

-----

I want to thank you very much for helping me!
This forum is really great!
Maybe in future I also can help people - I hope so.