Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Zenithink iPad Clone Features 1 GHz CPU

From ClonedInChina, here is an interesting looking Chinese tablet, with chip specs similar to the iPad (same older Cortex A8 design at 1GHz), but doubling the RAM to 512.

10" screen
1024 x 600
1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor
RAM 512
16GB of flash storage
2400 mAh battery
Android 2.1
1080p video

Supposedly it will be available in June.

It'd be interesting to see what the battery life will be.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Specs look ok, wonder about the pricing
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
hiandroid
hiandroid began at the beginning.

Device: htc hero
Wiipad NeNo 10.2” google android 2.1 Tablet
http://wiipad.us/product.php?id_product=11
I’ve been talking back and forth with the CEO of WiiPad Technology International Ltd, and he has been telling me about his upcoming product: The WiiPad launches in the next few weeks and it’s going to up the ante in the Android Tablet market. An Android 2.1 device that will play HD video flawlessly isn’t something to sneeze at, yet.
hiandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I think the killer will be an Android tablet with 2.2 - then Android will have flash.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:58 AM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I think the killer will be an Android tablet with 2.2 - then Android will have flash.
As long as these guys don't put their own gui's on top of stock android the update to 2.2 should be quick.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:26 AM   #6
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Unluckily it has a resistive touchscreen and 256MB RAM, not 512...

still, a good price.

cheers,
kaas

p.s.: battery live is specified at 7hours with WiFi off, and 5 hours with WiFi
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:48 AM   #7
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiandroid View Post
Wiipad NeNo 10.2” google android 2.1 Tablet
http://wiipad.us/product.php?id_product=11
I’ve been talking back and forth with the CEO of WiiPad Technology International Ltd, and he has been telling me about his upcoming product: The WiiPad launches in the next few weeks and it’s going to up the ante in the Android Tablet market. An Android 2.1 device that will play HD video flawlessly isn’t something to sneeze at, yet.
How much will be left of the company by the time both Nintendo and Apple have sued them?
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
Unluckily it has a resistive touchscreen and 256MB RAM, not 512...

still, a good price.

cheers,
kaas

p.s.: battery live is specified at 7hours with WiFi off, and 5 hours with WiFi
I rather like resistive touchscreens... And I'm in the market for a 10"-12" device. I'm not too sure about android though... I don't know the OS, and I've no idea what applications I can run on it, and if I can make my own. And how to get them, etc.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I rather like resistive touchscreens... And I'm in the market for a 10"-12" device. I'm not too sure about android though... I don't know the OS, and I've no idea what applications I can run on it, and if I can make my own. And how to get them, etc.
Android is a linux operating system with a google later on top of it. The application are all in java.

The OS is an open source platform so you should have aceas and complete control over your device.

As for the apps, there are over 70000 apps available not quite as much as the iPhone but close enough
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #10
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 05:19 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

While it does seem that he is affiliated with the company, the product seems real. Lets wait and see untill first reviews appear before judging on the quality of the product (or purchasing it!)...

cheers,

kaas
Old 07-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #12
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
While it does seem that he is affiliated with the company, the product seems real. Lets wait and see untill first reviews appear before judging on the quality of the product (or purchasing it!)...
Again, no company is going to be able to bring a product called WiiPad to the market (at least in the US or western Europe), without being destroyed by Nintendo and Apple.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Again, no company is going to be able to bring a product called WiiPad to the market (at least in the US or western Europe), without being destroyed by Nintendo and Apple.
Probably Apple and Nintendo will sue each other over the question who may sue the wiipad first

cheers,

kaas
Old 07-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #14
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
http://www.petco.com/product/3026/Fo...king-Pads.aspx
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #15
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
I think I'm gonna stick with companies I've heard of with some bit of reputation.
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote