Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Stevefaust
Stevefaust began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Save to disk troubles

I updated Calibre to 0.7.1, and have encountered 2 issues. One is the "tag troubles" mentioned in another post, and I see that that will be fixed in 0.7.2
The 2nd problem is since I saw the issues with tags, I wanted to try to edit the tags on the device, but I am not able to edit the field (I'm pretty sure I was able to do so in the past). I then decided to save the offending ebooks to disk (my HD), re-add them to Calibre, and then upload them with the corrected tags (I only tag for purchased books (vs Gutenberg books)). When I try to save to disk, using any choice, Calibre seems as if it is working, but nothing gets saved. I saw reference to a "save to disk" problem, but that 0.7.1 fixed it, so I repaired the installation, and get the same issue. Is this something that is a known bug and will be fixed in a newer version, or should I do a complete removal and reinstall? Or, am I just doing something wrong
Stevefaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There is no reference in the ChangeLog for 0.7.1 about the Save to Disk (from files on device) being fixed, so I am guessing that it may be in the 0.7.2 release.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The fix is in 7.2.

If you are in a hurry, it is also in the 7.2 beta (early 7.2) mentioned in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86009
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Stevefaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The fix is in 7.2.

If you are in a hurry, it is also in the 7.2 beta (early 7.2) mentioned in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86009
Thanks Chaley, if it is is 7.2, I will just wait for it, I just wasn't sure if it was me, or something more widespread. I'll wait until the fix and then correct anything that needs the corrections.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevefaust View Post
I then decided to save the offending ebooks to disk (my HD), re-add them to Calibre, and then upload them with the corrected tags (I only tag for purchased books (vs Gutenberg books)).
If these books are already in calibre then just edit the tags in the calibre library window. Delete the book from the device then resend the book to the device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
Stevefaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If these books are already in calibre then just edit the tags in the calibre library window. Delete the book from the device then resend the book to the device.
The Books aren't in Calibre, I empty my Calibre library each time so that the books are only on the reader, too many books made it a little confusing for me, although with the new version it might be more doable.