Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Hosed My MobiDeDRM setup on Mac after Reinstall

Okay.. so I reinstalled Leopard tonight to reclaim some space from an Ubuntu install.

I copied over my Applescript 'mobi related script' from Time Machine and it didn't work, and I vaguely remembered something about Python so I looked it up and installed 2.6.

Still not working though.

I really haven't the foggiest what to do next. It's been too long since I set it up and I don't remember what else to do.

It asks for my 'special number' and then... nothin'.

Any help?

Last edited by Gideon; 06-06-2009 at 01:24 AM. Reason: made more generic... the title can be changed, but I can't do it.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:52 AM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Okay... pretty sure this is all a python problem. When I type python into the Terminal I'm getting the default install info (2.5.1) instead of the newer version I installed (2.6).

So what I need help with is getting my computer to realize that I've installed this new version and allow scripts I run to get it going.

Unfortunately, I am not finding anything helpful online in fixing the problem of "the install not completing." Any help would be appreciated.
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 02:15 AM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Sorry, Gideon, I just barely got it working on Windows, much less Mac; I don't have a clue.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:14 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
After re-installing Leopard, you should also install the (free) developer tools — XCode. That will install a version of Python (& lots of other goodies) that will run the python script you want to run.

You might already have a disk with the developer tools on it - I can't remember if it's including on the retail DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Okay.. so I reinstalled Leopard tonight to reclaim some space from an Ubuntu install.

I copied over my Applescript 'mobi related script' from Time Machine and it didn't work, and I vaguely remembered something about Python so I looked it up and installed 2.6.

Still not working though.

I really haven't the foggiest what to do next. It's been too long since I set it up and I don't remember what else to do.

It asks for my 'special number' and then... nothin'.

Any help?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

It's on the DVD, I installed it and rebooted - but still no luck - same thing.
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #6
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

I've used different files, changed the names between prc and mobi.. same results over and over again. It's the EXACT same script that has been working for me, so my guess is it is something with Python. Something isn't set right, etc...

Looking at the event log in the script editor, it quits running at this point:
Code:
tell application "Finder"
	get every file of folder (alias "Mono:Users:gideon:Desktop:") whose name extension = "prc" or name extension = "mobi" or name extension = "azw"
		{}
	get every folder of folder (alias "Mono:Users:gideon:Desktop:")
		{}
end tell

Last edited by Gideon; 06-06-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:05 AM   #7
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

Made one last stab...

Works on command line, so maybe not python. Tried fresh script as well as old one. No bloody clue. At least I figured out how to use it in the command line... lol
Old 06-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I didn't think the script worked other then the command line.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You seem to be dragging your whole desktop folder onto the script. Try just dragging a single file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Looking at the event log in the script editor, it quits running at this point:
Code:
tell application "Finder"
	get every file of folder (alias "Mono:Users:gideon:Desktop:") whose name extension = "prc" or name extension = "mobi" or name extension = "azw"
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:15 AM   #10
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

That was just in that example. Does the same thing (more or less) when I use just one file. Still seem to get a null response.