Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #61
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The main feature I'd like that is missing from the big online bookshops is an easy way to filter out self-published books.
Preach on, Brother, preach on! Amazon has become totally useless for browsing for me. Fine if I already know the book that I want, or am looking for a specific author (though even that is annoying. When I search for Roger Zelazny, I really don't want 100 books by other authors as well, I just want the books written by Roger Zelazny).
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #62
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I've actually found quite a few books that I believe are self-published that I like, mostly science fiction, like by Christopher Nuttall. I hate all the romance books that get displayed on my Kindle ebooks home page. I can't understand why they insist on recommending romance books, when, to my knowledge, I have never bought one.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #63
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I've actually found quite a few books that I believe are self-published that I like, mostly science fiction, like by Christopher Nuttall. I hate all the romance books that get displayed on my Kindle ebooks home page. I can't understand why they insist on recommending romance books, when, to my knowledge, I have never bought one.
I agree I've been finding quite a few self-published science fiction that I really like and because of them I have been exploring more self published authors.
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #64
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I think having books:
DRM free
clearly marked as being able/unable to be downloaded
lower priced than their paper copies
A better % of the text in samples (some don't get past the forward)
linkage to any cloud storage sites you want to use (if not to the main store site)

would all be good improvements. Some we do have but others are uneven in application.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote