Old 05-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
BonnieSands
BonnieSands began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Cover Page "Mark"?

File Format to be converted: MOBI
File Format to be converted to: ePub

When I converted my MOBI books to ePub and transferred them to my Vox, there is a grey "triangle" in the bottom right corner of the cover page in My Library. What does this mean? How can I get rid of it during the conversion process?

Thank you

Hopeless Newbie!

Last edited by BonnieSands; 05-11-2012 at 11:32 AM.
BonnieSands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That is almost certainly something the Kobo is doing rather than actually being in the eBook files. You can always check this by loading them into the Calibre ebook viewer.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
BonnieSands

It is not on the Library Books that came with the Vox, just the ones I converted and transferred to the Vox. I know it my seem anal, but this is not for me. It is for my Mother for Mother's Day. This is what she wanted and I want it to be perfect. It may be my last Mother's Day with her - she is dying of terminal cancer. I just want to get rid of the grey triangles.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieSands View Post
...How can I get rid of it during the conversion process?...
As itimpi said, test the ebook in another reader. We both suggest using calibre's built-in ereader. If the cover lacks the triangle when viewed in calibre's reader then it is not the product of calibre's conversion.

I've never seen a report of calibre altering the cover image in this manner. I suspect that it is something done in the Kobo Vox, perhaps to flag newly added ebooks. Marking new additions to the library by a device or app is a common "feature".
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
The other way to check out dwig's idea is to open one of the 'grey triangle' books on the Kobo, then close it again. If the Kobo behaves anything like my Sonys, this should get rid of any 'new book' flag.

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-11-2012 at 06:41 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
BonnieSands

Thank you for everyone's ideas. I will try them out. Mom was very pleased with her gift, but I will continue to "tweak" it for her.