Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
kobo reader app: importing books

I have a question about the kobo reader app. Specifically, when you import books, do they get copied somewhere on the sd? The reason I ask is I figured I now had duplicate copies after importing everything to aldiko and I thought if I used the "Remove Local Data" option in kobo, it would remove all the books from the kobo app and free up some disk space. It did remove the books but I don't see any change in free disk space. I'm wondering if they are hiding somewhere (or does the app in fact not make copies of books it imports?). Thanks.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
from what I see on my vox, your kobo books are in the kobopegasus folder, in the epub folder. I only have 1 there, I prefer to read in Aldiko as well so I have paused the downloads for my kobo library and loaded them all from calibre to prevent duplication.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-08-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typos...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
But when I poked around in that folder, there weren't any actual epub files there...just a bunch of metadata related stuff.

[edit]: Oh, and when I used "Remove Local Data", it did empty out that folder.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote