Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 03:46 AM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Exclamation the top red light flashing and several green lights on

Because it wasn't turned on, today I changed the battery of my brand new one and it was turned on at the first time! It seems that the old battery had died utterly. But it isn't turned on again after I turned it off. Moreover, now it is strange as I mentioned at thread title - the top light is flashing red and 3 green lights on the right and 2 green lights on the bottom are on constantly. When I connect it with a charger, there is no change to the lights.

Plus, the reset button was broken and I can't repair it. Is it okay that there is no reset button while using the device, after all?

---
(added)
I found out a non-official repair shop near here and received its battery change service. And I didn't see the voltage of the new battery but the size was nearly the same with the old one's. And I heard that they've changed the battery in others' DR1000S for several times until now.. What's the cause of this problem?? I've never seen or heard of this strange case.. Now I'm trying discharging it at all to charge it from empty to full but I don't know this way works, of course;;

Last edited by bokjeid; 10-18-2010 at 04:26 AM.
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:38 AM   #2
Groen
eReader
Groen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
the top light is flashing red and 3 green lights on the right and 2 green lights on the bottom are on constantly.
A red flashing top light indicates that an error occurred. The combination of green lights indicate an error code, but not much is known about what the different combinations mean. Some time ago some people started a thread to gather all the combinations, but I don't think a lot of progress was made.

Quote:
Plus, the reset button was broken and I can't repair it. Is it okay that there is no reset button while using the device, after all?
Well, as long as the DR works properly, there is not much use for the reset button, but as you are experiencing a number of problems with yours, your life is not getting any easier.

Quote:
Now I'm trying discharging it at all to charge it from empty to full but I don't know this way works, of course.
That might provide you with some kind of reset action, but as long as you don't know what the actual problem is, the device might as well start flashing the top LED after you manage to turn it on again. I hope you will manage to start it properly.

Good luck,
Groen
Groen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 05:24 AM   #3
bokjeid
Addict

Thanks for your first reply, Groen, it cheered me up.. I'll try it and let you all know the result later.. I've heard that some users changed the battery of theirs in this forum, too, but no this case, which worries me.. But I was relieved a little when I saw the first time it was turned on today.
And, depending on my exprience of using my last DR800SG, 'no reset button' will not be inconvenient so often but I don't know on DR1000S..
Anyway the big problem at this time is the flashing top red light and no working touch sense(so I can't turn it on now), which would be some kind of currency or voltage problem I just guess...;;

Last edited by bokjeid; 10-18-2010 at 05:26 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Where did you get it from? Since you mentioned that it was brand new, I assume you found a shop that still had some in stock? Is it possible to have them exchange it for one that works?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
bokjeid
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Where did you get it from? Since you mentioned that it was brand new, I assume you found a shop that still had some in stock? Is it possible to have them exchange it for one that works?
Well, through the internet and I can't be sure that the seller accept the return.. Moreover, it was the last stock.. But I asked about the problem and am waiting for the reply.. Thanks for your attention..
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
bokjeid
Addict

I put the device aside for several hours and it seems to have been discharged at all - all of its light turned off now.
So I began to charge it but no light turned on. Just the light of my charger is flashing, it's strange.
Ah, I have no idea of what I can do now;; Just I'm going to charge it all night..