Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2014, 10:04 PM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualdxs View Post
How do you get that log?
hmmm been along time since I did it.

maybe enable debugOn and grep it for cvm?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #17
virtualdxs
|_| |3 Ǝ Ʀ G 3 3 |<
virtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmmm been along time since I did it.

maybe enable debugOn and grep it for cvm?
I don't know what to grep. I don't use logs much.
virtualdxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #18
virtualdxs
|_| |3 Ǝ Ʀ G 3 3 |<
virtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsvirtualdxs can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Smile Working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=214488

do you need echolink? would a ssh tunnel work well instead? I've tunneled tons of encrypted traffic that way to my home pc, tons of examples on the net. Good luck!

Fixed the problem. The thread linked to explained that the Kindle's CVM didn't work with normal Java apps, and had a download link for a normal JRE. Worked like a charm in that JRE. Thanks a ton!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #19
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
I know about that, and that's exactly why I need this. You see, I can ONLY access the Internet through an SSH tunnel. EchoLink is a service for hams (Amateur Radio operators) to send sham radio signals through the Internet. However, the only type of proxy it supports is that jar file. Therefore, I need that proxy running on my Kindle to use EchoLink.
Amateur Radio on your kindle? What do you have planned? sounds interesting - and remember - if there are no photos, it didn't happen!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Amateur Radio on your kindle? What do you have planned? sounds interesting - and remember - if there are no photos, it didn't happen!
And remember to remove the "Created by GIMP" from the comment section of the photo file.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #21
virtualdxs
|_| |3 Ǝ Ʀ G 3 3 |<

Wink GIMP-Less Proof

Here's proof by Windows 7 Snipping Tool:

1) My Bitvise SSH Client connected to my Kindle with an SSH Tunnel:

2) My Bitvise SSH Client in BVTerm on my Kindle:
Spoiler:

3) My BVTerm in running Echolink Proxy:
Spoiler:

4) And finally, Echolink connected to my ELProxy.jar running on my Kindle:
Spoiler:

Last edited by twobob; 02-04-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:52 PM   #22
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Here's proof ...
Ha - what I meant was show us what project you are working on? A pic of your "rig" or just a description of what you are doing with radio on the Kindle. It sounds interesting. 20+ years ago I took some classes on that but dropped out. Not for me at the time.

I didn't mean to imply you weren't telling the truth, I was just joking around. Sorry for the confusion.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #23
virtualdxs
|_| |3 Ǝ Ʀ G 3 3 |<

Quote:
Ha - what I meant was show us what project you are working on? A pic of your "rig" or just a description of what you are doing with radio on the Kindle. It sounds interesting. 20+ years ago I took some classes on that but dropped out. Not for me at the time.

I didn't mean to imply you weren't telling the truth, I was just joking around. Sorry for the confusion.
No, I knew that you were kidding. Hence the winky icon next to the title.

I just wanted to try out EchoLink, but I can't access the Internet outside of going through my Kindle (via SSH Tunnel). But Java doesn't do SOCKS(as far as I know). So what I have to do is run an EchoLink proxy on my Kindle and connect through there. The only radio hardware I have is a >5 watt Baofeng UV-5RA, so no rig.

By the way, as the screenshot said, my call sign is KG7HVV.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #24
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs...t/proxies.html

section 2.4

OR possibly

http://jsocks.sourceforge.net/ / https://github.com/ravn/jsocks

(they are fairly old projects now...)

Last edited by twobob; 02-04-2014 at 11:01 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote