Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #46
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Smartphone always, big data plan. Pw 1 always. Travelling by car iPad as well. Knitting always, but small projects.
Knitting indeed! I always have knitting with me as well. My purse has to have at least two big pockets, and one of those is for the socks-in-progress that live there. Always have my phone - iPhone 4S (gotta have the data plan!). Gadgets - most commonly have the iPad mini as well, sometimes the PW2, occasionally the Galaxy Note 8. Once in a while I'll have a combination - 2 or even all 3 of the gadgets.
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #47
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
I have to carry a Blackberry for work 24/7 so that is a drag, and takes up space. I carry an iPod Touch with me every work day, as a lightweight multipurpose device, for unforeseen snow storms / natural disasters.

For travel, and weekend appointments, like having my tires changed, I always take my kindle. I often take my iPad for travel.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #48
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
I never go out without my mp3 player, and usually more than one ereader. It depends on which one I'm reading on at the moment, but I usually don't leave without my Kindle Touch since it has 3G and I can download any book I want to read. If I'm travelling, I'll take all of them.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #49
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Ipad Mini, iphone 5s and my KPW2.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #50
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
If it's a trip that requires lots of walking, my Kobo Mini.
Since getting my Aluratek Libre Pro, I've started to appreciate its portability. If I know that I'm going to be out for a few hours, but I don't want to be weighed down with something heavy like my DX, then I'll take the Aluratek Pro. Its' been great for taking to college with me, since I always have several heavy books and can't really afford any more extra weight.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #51
FanciFreez
Banned
FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, KPW2, Nexus 7.2, iPad 4, Nook HD+
Thanks for all the replies and feedback so far.. very interesting of what folks do.. When I leave the house I usually carry my Nexus 7.2 and KPW 2.. on the road I add a Laptop.. and a Verizon or AT&T Mi-Fi card.. just in case where I end up doesn't have a Wi-Fi hook up.. I would be lost without a internet connection. Oh, I forgot.. always my SmartPhone.. that thing sleeps next to me.. pretty bad huh? I have a understanding Wife, thankfully..

Last edited by FanciFreez; 10-24-2013 at 08:54 PM.
FanciFreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #52
FanciFreez
Banned
FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bompa65 View Post
My Kobo Vox!
exactly.. I get up in the middle of the nite.. have a snack.. check my email.. LOL..
Old 10-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #53
BWinmill
Nameless Being

It depends upon the trip. The only thing that's a given are the house keys, and I've lived in one place where even that wasn't necessary.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #54
FanciFreez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
My Samsung Note 2. It fits in my pocket easily and gives me the ability to read books, play music and play games all on one skinny little machine!
Yes,, I take my Note 2 as well.. awesome.. nice and big for a phone. makes reading very comfortable for a phone.. I love it..
Old 10-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #55
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
I never go out without my mp3 player, and usually more than one ereader. It depends on which one I'm reading on at the moment, but I usually don't leave without my Kindle Touch since it has 3G and I can download any book I want to read. If I'm travelling, I'll take all of them.
I often take my mp3 player as well along with my Paperwhite. I travel by cab and sometimes I listen to music while I wait for the cab to arrive. Then while waiting for my appointment (like in the Dr's office) I read on my ereader. I always felt rushed when reading a magazine in the waiting room and who wants to read half an article and not be able to finish it? So I stick to my Paperwhite now, which is a lot easier than taking a thick paper book along.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #56
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
When I leave home, I never know how long I will be gone. For that reason I carry three items, my tatting my Galaxy 3 Smart phone and either my Sony 700 or my Nook Tablet.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #57
antithesis
Avid reader
antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle DX White
An actual book. I don't like the idea of carrying expensive stuff with me, so I take with me a book that's both light on my back and on my mind.
antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #58
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I live in Oaxaca, Mexico. My pack has my Kindle, of course, a supply of lollipops for kids I know and doggie treats for dogs I know or don't know. I have camera supplies, a shopping bag, a first aid kit, spare reading glasses, a bean bag, a magnifying glass, a bandana, and a ballpoint pen and spare index cards.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #59
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Nintendo DS, PSP, Samsung Galaxy Rush Boost Mobile Phone and a SanDisk MP3 player.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #60
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
My mobile phone and usually my mp3 player. My ereader is a bit big for some of my handbags and my phone is very basic, so I take my old HP Ipaq for reading .prc ebooks, making notes, appointments, etc.
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote