Notices

View Poll Results: Which one?
Ellery Queen 9 75.00%
Alfred Hitchcock 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Ellery Queen vs Alfred Hitchcock

I see that most people are subscribed to both but if you had to choose, which mystery magazine do you prefer? Why?
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Although I enjoy them both, if I had to choose, I'd pick Ellery Queen. Can't quite put my finger on why, other than I like the editor, Janet Hutchins (I think that's her name?)
JoelArnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Over the years EQMM has had the better reputation regarding the quality of writing.

I was surprised to learn last year around this time that Alfred Hitchcock is America's best selling short story magazine.

My one-year subscription to EQMM has just expired, and I can't say that I was satisfied. I've read a few Hitchcocks, and they seemed just as good, so I am thinking about taking out a year's subscription for that now instead.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I grew up watching the mailbox for my Ellery Queen and National Geographic magazines.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:57 AM   #5
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Lol 8 vs 0. I guess Ellery Queen is the better choice.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert