Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #61
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
And by george I've done it! Audio book downloaded and transferred to audiobooks on the Ipod, with "remember playback position" checked. The worst thing was the download which for some reason takes forever from this particular library, they use a system called Bolinda, not nearly as good as Oneclick and Overdrive audio books is better still.
Yay! Congrats!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #62
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Does this mean I can leave them in music? Just when I was congratulating myself on how clever I am getting them into the audio book section? Pride goeth before a fall indeed.

Thank you Pidgeon and everyone else who make MR such a fount of all knowledge.
All my friends think I am so smart but I get it all from MR and am one step ahead of them. I'm sooo glad my son put me on to MR.
No, it just means that when you stop the book and do something else, like listen to music, the next time you click on the book again, it will continue where you left off. It's like putting a bookmark in a book.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #63
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
All seems to be working perfectly, it's amazing how simple things are when you know what to do.

Thanks again to everyone.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #64
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
biorhythms

The audio players should tie into something like the Nike biomonitors, so it can tell when you fall asleep and gradually reduce the volume for 5 minutes before shutting off. If you wake back up, it immediately starts playing again from a couple minutes before you fell asleep.

If it hasn't been patented, it's too late now, since the invention is now described and implementation is trivial to one skilled in the art.
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #65
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedhermit View Post
The audio players should tie into something like the Nike biomonitors, so it can tell when you fall asleep and gradually reduce the volume for 5 minutes before shutting off. If you wake back up, it immediately starts playing again from a couple minutes before you fell asleep.

If it hasn't been patented, it's too late now, since the invention is now described and implementation is trivial to one skilled in the art.
I'd love something that works like that.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #66
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I'd love something that works like that.
Sign me up now!
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #67
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Can I bother you with some questions?
I'm new with audiobooks, I got them for overdrive and now started buying them from audible. I put the book on kindle, but I want to put it on mp3 player. It looks like I need Audible Manager for that, but I don't want to have two different programs for transfering audiobooks to same device. Is there a way to use only Windows Media Player for it?
Also the audible book is playing very fast. Is there a way to change speed?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #68
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
If you get an android device you can download directly to the device without needing to use a desktop computer.
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #69
xendula
eBookworm

The same goes for an iPod Touch/ iPhone/ iPad and Blackberry and Windows Phones, through their apps.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #70
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
Can I bother you with some questions?
I'm new with audiobooks, I got them for overdrive and now started buying them from audible. I put the book on kindle, but I want to put it on mp3 player. It looks like I need Audible Manager for that, but I don't want to have two different programs for transfering audiobooks to same device. Is there a way to use only Windows Media Player for it?
Also the audible book is playing very fast. Is there a way to change speed?
I'm not exactly clear on what you're asking, but I'll take a shot:
In the past, there was a Windows Media Player filter for Audible, which let you play audiobooks in WMP, but I'm not sure if it also allowed you to sync the book to an audible-ready player. You can still find the filter with some googling, but I'm not sure what versions of stuff it still works with.

As for the speed of the playback, that's totally up to the player. The Audible android app has a speed setting. iPods have speed settings. You'll need to see if your player has a speed setting.

As others said, a device that lets you download and listen directly is the easiest solution by far.

Last edited by ApK; 02-08-2013 at 10:23 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #71
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I put the book on kindle, but I want to put it on mp3 player.
What kind of MP3 player? Knowing that will get you a better answer.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #72
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Player is Creative Zen. I had to specifically hunt for one who would play drm wma, so unfortunatelly android or ios was out. I don't supose it's possible to just copy/paste file to player? I saw on audible site that device has to be activated, but I don't know if it's going to mess up overdrive activation.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #73
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Player is Creative Zen. I had to specifically hunt for one who would play drm wma, so unfortunatelly android or ios was out. I don't supose it's possible to just copy/paste file to player? I saw on audible site that device has to be activated, but I don't know if it's going to mess up overdrive activation.
It shouldn't mess up any activation done with OverDrive, although I know of no activation you need to do with overdrive, WMA titles get a license from the DRM server, but that's not activation in the traditional sense.

You do need the Audible Manager for downloading, but the books can be managed/stored in Windows Media Player instead if you wish.

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answ...s-media-player

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answ...s-media-player

Last edited by AnemicOak; 02-08-2013 at 01:12 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #74
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Just to expand for others:

For the Clip (or Clip+ or original Fuze), you get proper resume function (resume play where you left off listening) if you either:
- locate audiobook files under folder "\Audiobooks" (plural). (You should really locate the files in some containing subfolder.)
- tag each file as "Audiobook" (singular).
I just bought a Clip+ today and the only option when using Overdrive is transfer and it goes in the Music Folder.

What do I have to do? Are you talking about using Overdrive for library wma books?

I bought the Clip+ because transferring using the Ipod nano was painfully slow. Wish I knew before what I know now that Overdrive has to transfer and change wma to aac. Painfully slow

Also I have the Zip Clip, but I got tired of hit the "back" button so many times to get to the sleep timer. You have to set it each time you use it if you want it to work. I read the Clip+ has a "home" button so it is faster to go to the sleep timer. But also it is not true, still takes many clicks to go there.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #75
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I just bought a Clip+ today and the only option when using Overdrive is transfer and it goes in the Music Folder.

What do I have to do? Are you talking about using Overdrive for library wma books?

I bought the Clip+ because transferring using the Ipod nano was painfully slow. Wish I knew before what I know now that Overdrive has to transfer and change wma to aac. Painfully slow

Also I have the Zip Clip, but I got tired of hit the "back" button so many times to get to the sleep timer. You have to set it each time you use it if you want it to work. I read the Clip+ has a "home" button so it is faster to go to the sleep timer. But also it is not true, still takes many clicks to go there.
You click the button by the path on the transfer wizard to change what folder it goes into. I choose audiobooks. You have to do this for each audiobook it wont remember the folder settings.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote