Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
drnkusv
drnkusv began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
WSJ Problem

Over the past couple of days, whenever I try fetching the WSJ using the built-in recipe in the GUI, it retrieves only the beginning of each article, following by "...". It seems like the password login feature is not working.

Is anyone else having this issue?
drnkusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
drnkusv

Anyone have any insight on this? Ideas would be appreciated.
Advert
Old 11-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'll look at it when I get some time. In the meantime can you isloate what kinds of articles get cut off?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
drnkusv

Many thanks. I believe it is cutting off everything that the WSJ has marked as "subscriber content" -- ie, everything you would need to log in for. My account with the WSJ works fine, and I am able to log in on the web site with my username and password, so that is not the issue. I have also tried doing the Calibre download on both a PC and a Mac, with no success on either one.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

post a link to one such article on the wsj site so I can test easily
Advert
Old 11-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
drnkusv

Sure -- here is an example of one where it happened this morning:

This article was downloaded by calibre from http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122584113657298887.html
Old 11-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

will be fixed in next release
Old 11-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
drnkusv

Thanks for looking into this and the quick response. The software is really impressive.