Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #33586
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I just put the new muzzle I bought on Crystal because she tore up the trash and ate some of the wood off one of our dining chairs. She's going to learn not to eat everything in the house, including the house itself, if it kills me. I'll take it off in an hour or so, but each time she wears it, she'll keep it on longer.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #33587
Aurora W
Addict
Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, iPad, Nexus 7
Drinking coffee, listening to the local NPR station and the thunderstorm outside, and waiting for the first load of laundry to get done.

Hoping the rain decides to let up a little before I must trek to the grocery store - but it is not looking good.
Aurora W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #33588
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
naughty Mr M. He has a bald patch in his armpit as a result of the cat biffo the other night. And now he licks and licks and I think the bald patch is getting bigger. I am doing my best to distract him, but I think he is going to lick off all the fur under his arm. The area seems wet all the time. I am not sure how to proceed or how long to let him keep doing it before I take serious action.

Bloke said to put the collar on from the vet, but that will drive him crazy. pleaaaaaaaaase!
Once a cat starts licking - they don't stop! If it stays moist & gets bigger -- either put the collar on, or take him to the vet to see why he is continuing to lick the area - is there something physically there irritating him, or is it a nervous tic now.
Sometimes cats are really dumb about hurting themselves!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #33589
lucasfernan89
Fanatic
lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'lucasfernan89 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle
Procrastinating, avoiding studying Italian. Making yet another coffee. Perusing the forum like a good lurker.
lucasfernan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:51 AM   #33590
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Sitting back with a cup of tea, admiring my work. I did my new spring planting on the veranda this afternoon, and cleaned up and re-potted some older plants.

Today I put in three tomato plants, two hills of zucchini, two hills of pattypan squash, four basil plants, a new oregano and thyme plant to supplement the ones already growing, and a pepper plant! This will go along with three pots of lemongrass, rosemary, and three unspecified citrus trees that I planted from seeds and forgot what they are... There is also on flat of oats growing for Felicity. There is still the Twin tea bush to be re-potted, and the Morning Glories to be planted. And this year, being inspired by the farmers we passed on yesterday's ride, today I planted a 12"x12" rice paddy. It took almost a cup of water to flood the field.

There are a couple of pots of 'decorative' plants out there too... Three pots of Christmas Cactus, a huge Jade Plant, an even bigger Yucca plant, and some Aloe Vera. I'm thinking of hiring some migratory workers at harvest time.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #33591
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
you wanna come over here and plant up my yard for winter?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #33592
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur
Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Right now I am fighting my contact lenses!
Gorgonseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #33593
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgonseyes View Post
Right now I am fighting my contact lenses!
Ouch! That's no fun. I remember that game! (I've gone back to glasses; much less complicated) Good luck!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #33594
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Sitting back with a cup of tea, admiring my work. I did my new spring planting on the veranda this afternoon, and cleaned up and re-potted some older plants.

Today I put in three tomato plants, two hills of zucchini, two hills of pattypan squash, four basil plants, a new oregano and thyme plant to supplement the ones already growing, and a pepper plant! This will go along with three pots of lemongrass, rosemary, and three unspecified citrus trees that I planted from seeds and forgot what they are... There is also on flat of oats growing for Felicity. There is still the Twin tea bush to be re-potted, and the Morning Glories to be planted. And this year, being inspired by the farmers we passed on yesterday's ride, today I planted a 12"x12" rice paddy. It took almost a cup of water to flood the field.

There are a couple of pots of 'decorative' plants out there too... Three pots of Christmas Cactus, a huge Jade Plant, an even bigger Yucca plant, and some Aloe Vera. I'm thinking of hiring some migratory workers at harvest time.

Stitchawl
why do you live in the city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ouch! That's no fun. I remember that game! (I've gone back to glasses; much less complicated) Good luck!
ugh! so do I! had lasix! woo-hoo!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #33595
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Making pop-tarts. (from scratch)
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #33596
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Please tell me that you will make pop tart blow torch in the toaster with one. And that you will post a video here.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #33597
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
And how far back do you go for "from scratch"? I've never gone back further than (1) rip open the foil pouch ......
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #33598
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
whatssa poptart???
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #33599
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
you wanna come over here and plant up my yard for winter?
Gosh! Can I whitewash your fence while I'm at it? Huh? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
why do you live in the city?

My wife's work requires her to live within city limits. Just another few years and we can move out of this cement trap and move back into the jungles of Northern Thailand. We lived there for almost 10 years but had to move back to Japan for family reasons. Those reasons have passed away now, so the only thing holding us here is waiting for my wife to ripen (be old enough to collect her pension) then we are outta here!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #33600
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Please tell me that you will make pop tart blow torch in the toaster with one. And that you will post a video here.
Umm... I would, except that.... I don't have one of those kinds of toasters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
And how far back do you go for "from scratch"? I've never gone back further than (1) rip open the foil pouch ......
All the way back to the flour and shortening.

Last edited by Dylrob; 04-30-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?