Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
creating new shelves

has anyone else running firmware 2.1.5 tried to create a new shelf and had it take forever?

i tried creating several today, and on average it took 1 minute 35 seconds between pressing the button to create a shelf (on the page where you name it) and being redirected to add books to the shelf.

it was taking long enough that yes, i timed it several times on my stopwatch ... i don't remember it taking this long, but it's also been a while since i created new shelves i think.

is this amount of wait time normal? am i just being impatient?
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Davidfor has reported similar issues with shelf creation being slow.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
has anyone else running firmware 2.1.5 tried to create a new shelf and had it take forever?

i tried creating several today, and on average it took 1 minute 35 seconds between pressing the button to create a shelf (on the page where you name it) and being redirected to add books to the shelf.

it was taking long enough that yes, i timed it several times on my stopwatch ... i don't remember it taking this long, but it's also been a while since i created new shelves i think.

is this amount of wait time normal? am i just being impatient?
I have found this to be the case as well. It is like the device hangs and I have firmware 2.2.0 so its an ongoing thing.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
thanks for letting me know i'm not alone! it had been a while since i created new shelves. but loading a few new series on my ereader, i wanted to add new shelves today. and ... it was very easy to go fix a cuppa and come back and have it still creating the shelves!
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
voidoid
Connoisseur
voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: kobo touch
I have Calibre make all my shelves -- it's instant and they work fine.
voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidoid View Post
I have Calibre make all my shelves -- it's instant and they work fine.
That sounds like a good idea!

As Peter said, I've reported on this elsewhere. Kobo definitely know. Also, how long it takes to create the shelf depends on how many shelves you have. I also make a point of adding a book to the shelf when I do this. If the shelf is empty and you open it, it goes to the add books screen and takes nearly as long as creating it in the first place.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote