Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #526
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
okay somebody hold me back from going over the deep end because i am going to cry

i got my replacement and it has MORE white pixels than the first. they are all coming from the same facility, same batch number, what do i expect? i'm ready to return all three and just be done with this. it is beyond frustrating.
I would give it one more go. Tell them you do not want a 604 unit. There seems to be some serious QC issues with this batch.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #527
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i'm sure the reps would deny the batch numbers and just think that i was crazy. they will probably also tell me they can't control what unit i get but i am trying ONE more time. after that, i am done with the paperwhite. this is insanity.
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #528
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
i'm sure the reps would deny the batch numbers and just think that i was crazy. they will probably also tell me they can't control what unit i get but i am trying ONE more time. after that, i am done with the paperwhite. this is insanity.
They probably will say that, but it's still worth a try I think. I think the glowing specks are pretty common in a lot of the batches though, not just the 604 batch. I really think getting a good one is just luck. I saw specks on more PW's than I didn't, various batches, but I had to look hard to notice some of them.

My current PW has a couple, but fortunately for me I never see them when I'm reading. Mine are very tiny and it's hard to see them glowing unless they are directly over a dark cover. Good luck, I really hope you will be able to get a new one. I truly cannot believe how bad the QC is on the PW's.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #529
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am going to contact another rep after I get home from work tonight. I wouldn't mind the white pixels so much but they are smack dab in the middle of the screen and VERY bright so I can't just ignore them :/ if the next one I get is terrible too I'm just going to return them all and try my local staples store. I really don't want to give up completely because it's a really great device otherwise
Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #530
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I am going to contact another rep after I get home from work tonight. I wouldn't mind the white pixels so much but they are smack dab in the middle of the screen and VERY bright so I can't just ignore them :/ if the next one I get is terrible too I'm just going to return them all and try my local staples store. I really don't want to give up completely because it's a really great device otherwise
I wouldn't settle either. You might have better luck locally.

My PW has a small shining spec that shows up sometimes on the fourth row from the bottom on the left side. I come to realize it has something to do with black text because on pages where the is no text in that area you can't see it. You can't see it at all unless you're looking for it. Last time it did it I took my book light and look and sure enough there is a pinprick there. It looks like a shiny neon green tiny spec. When it does show up. Luckily it only shows up for after turning the page then it disappears after awhile.
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #531
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My PW has a small shining spec that shows up sometimes on the fourth row from the bottom on the left side. I come to realize it has something to do with black text because on pages where the is no text in that area you can't see it. You can't see it at all unless you're looking for it. Last time it did it I took my book light and look and sure enough there is a pinprick there. It looks like a shiny neon green tiny spec. When it does show up. Luckily it only shows up for after turning the page then it disappears after awhile.
I had one on an earlier PW that I returned that was exactly like that.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #532
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I had one on an earlier PW that I returned that was exactly like that.
It's so small that if you blink you miss it.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #533
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
i am trying ONE more time. after that, i am done with the paperwhite. this is insanity.
So that's going to be your 4th isn't it? I can't understand how they think it's acceptable to have that number of dodgy ones leaving the factory. I got lucky and got an ok one after 1 exchange but it really makes me question whether I want to buy an Amazon-branded device again after that if that's the kind of build quality they aim for...

Last edited by Yolina; 02-26-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #534
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's so small that if you blink you miss it.
Yep, same here. The one on my current one is even less noticeable thankfully. I only found it because I scrutinize them now. I just think it's nuts that so many of of PW's have them. I bet a lot of people have them, but just don't notice them.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #535
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
So that's going to be your 4th isn't it? I can't understand how they think it's acceptable to have that number of dodgy ones leaving the factory. I got lucky and got an ok one after 1 exchange but it really makes me question whether I want to buy an Amazon-branded device again after that if that's the kind of build quality they aim for...
it is going to be my fourth and it's quite disappointing honestly :/ i have never had a problem with amazon's quality whatsoever until this. i am sure they find the devices perfectly acceptable and are just waiting for someone to settle on them and i'm not going to. if that means i have to wait until the second generation paperwhite, then that's what it's going to be i still love amazon and i love their kindles but this is just getting to me
Old 02-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #536
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

i am talking to customer service right now and they will no longer replace my device. the rep says the pink and green hues are what is supposed to happen and she keeps ignoring the white pixels. this couldn't get any more frustrating
Old 02-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #537
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
i am talking to customer service right now and they will no longer replace my device. the rep says the pink and green hues are what is supposed to happen and she keeps ignoring the white pixels. this couldn't get any more frustrating
It's supposed to be multi colored? That's a first. Are the glowing pixels supposed to be there too? That is frustrating. I'd call back and try another rep or return it and try one at Staples. I really sympathize with you, as I know many others on here do as well.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #538
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
It's supposed to be multi colored? That's a first. Are the glowing pixels supposed to be there too? That is frustrating. I'd call back and try another rep or return it and try one at Staples. I really sympathize with you, as I know many others on here do as well.
according to the rep i just spoke to, the pink, green and blue hues did not impede any readers and they are fine with it. you have got to be kidding me? that is why there are multiple posts on amazon forums and also forums like this. people can return nine and ten devices but i am different somehow.... i kept telling her it was unacceptable and she had nothing to say about it. i have a bad taste in my mouth right now but i will go to staples tomorrow and pick one up :/
Old 02-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #539
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Send them all back, wait for your refund, and then order another one. That is, of course, if you want to try again. That's what I would do. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. It's ridiculous that Amazon has such unbelievably bad QC for the PW.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #540
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
according to the rep i just spoke to, the pink, green and blue hues did not impede any readers and they are fine with it. you have got to be kidding me? that is why there are multiple posts on amazon forums and also forums like this. people can return nine and ten devices but i am different somehow.... i kept telling her it was unacceptable and she had nothing to say about it. i have a bad taste in my mouth right now but i will go to staples tomorrow and pick one up :/
I can't believe she said that's normal. I guess this is Amazon admitting that all PW's suffer from the hues then. I would probably do what JLeighs suggested and return them all and reorder another if you still want one. Might be less hassle to pick on one up Staples though, as long as they have a good return policy.