Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #61
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
"Couldn't open device, some information will be missing"
?

Dunno. not my field.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #62
felonwan
Enthusiast
felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle 3G
The U-boot can also be programed by ATK flash tool or minicom?

Through the usb-ttl adaptor, using ATK flash tool to program the kernel. It says 'Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target'.

The screenshot of ATK flash tool:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	atk.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	93120  

Last edited by felonwan; 09-30-2012 at 11:32 PM.
felonwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 03:58 AM   #63
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
erm. is the Target the right type? I haven't used ATK but once. I thought it said something else in Target. probably wrong. ignore me.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #64
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by felonwan View Post
The U-boot can also be programed by ATK flash tool or minicom?
Through the usb-ttl adaptor, using ATK flash tool to program the kernel. It says 'Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target'.
The screenshot of ATK flash tool:
Looks right to me....... You might have the same problem I did......
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #65
felonwan
Enthusiast
felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.felonwan can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

I have tested the old battery. After discharged for 15 hours using a 50ohm resistor and an LED, the battery still have potential bigger than 3.8V. So, the battery is all OK.

I think my Kindle must have been encountered physical damage of the flash memory.

Last edited by felonwan; 10-01-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #66
felonwan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Looks right to me....... You might have the same problem I did......
So, you got a new one?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #67
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by felonwan View Post
So, you got a new one?
I did. Mine was still under wareranty though....
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #68
jejer
jejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheesejejer can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle3
Maybe you need to reprogram flash memory form 0x0 to the start address of linux kernel using freescale tool.
jejer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:17 AM   #69
felonwan
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejer View Post
Maybe you need to reprogram flash memory form 0x0 to the start address of linux kernel using freescale tool.
Is this possible?
ATK flash tool tells the flash cannot be initialized. I don't know its exact meaning. Compared with PC, it like that the BIOS (perhaps a live system--RAM kernel) could not find the hard disc drive or perhaps just the hard driver was written in a mess. The latter situation can be solved by formating the hard disc drive.

If I can get the data, I will try.

Last edited by felonwan; 10-02-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #70
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
If all else fails, I will soon have a bunch of demo K3s in my possession, many with broken screens (probably). You could swap motherboards...

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-02-2012 at 11:45 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote