Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
SweetNAMese
SweetNAMese began at the beginning.

Device: Potential Kobo User
Kobo Touch - Document Transfer Info?

Hey everyone,

I was thinking about buying a Kobo touch.

I was wondering whether or not I can view and copy the documents I've saved in Text to my computer and view it as a "Word Doc" for lectures or presentations.

Please inform. I am thinking about getting two of them (one as a gift).

Thanks.
SweetNAMese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
It won't read it as a .doc file but if you save it as a .rtf format file (using Word) instead you can open it on the Kobo. You could also use the .rtf file and use Calibre to convert it to an e-pub would likely work for what you're after.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
Gaffer
Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Gaffer is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNAMese View Post
I was wondering whether or not I can view and copy the documents I've saved in Text to my computer and view it as a "Word Doc" for lectures or presentations.
I store plain text documents (.txt) on my Kobo Touch, and they work fine. If you need formatting, and are a Windows user, you can paste the text into WordPad and save as .rtf (also supported by MS Word), which also works on the Kobo Touch.
Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote