Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-21-2014, 05:28 AM   #1
JosephWebber
Enthusiast
JosephWebber began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PW, PW3, Nook HD+
Nook HD+ CM11 microSD card

I know it is possible to buy an N2A card containing CyanogenMod, but postage from US to UK adds a lot to the total price.
Is it possible to buy a CM11 image for direct download to one’s own Nook HD+ microSD card?
Unfortunately I do not feel confident enough to generate my own CM11 without bricking my Nook.
Many thanks.
JosephWebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephWebber View Post
Is it possible to buy a CM11 image for direct download to one’s own Nook HD+ microSD card?
How is this different from downloading the images already available on XDA and flashing those? The people who sell the SD cards simply download the image from XDA, flash it to a card, and ship it.

The instructions are fairly simple if you want to try yourself, read this.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
N2A also sells a download version.
Android for Nook (AFN) also released the Kitkat version of their cards/download this week.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
How is this different from downloading the images already available on XDA and flashing those? The people who sell the SD cards simply download the image from XDA, flash it to a card, and ship it.
+1.

Even if the OP buys a N2A card now, the process of updating CM11 on that card down the road is comparable to making a card from scratch using images freely available on XDA.
Quote:
The instructions are fairly simple if you want to try yourself, read this.
Another version of the SD-based CM11 can be found here (see also http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=84 for info on how to build a card with customized partition sizing).
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I use n2a on our 2012 Fire HD tablets. But I don't want to spend the money on the Nook HD. I am going to attempt to turn my 8gb Nook HD into a 32gb Kitkat android tablet. Running from the SD card. I have nothing to lose! Wish me luck!

No luck writing to the SD card. I will have to try another card.

Tried another card, and tried another program. I've written things to cards before, but this time, it says it's doing it, but then there is nothing on the card. Oh well. Guess I'll just sell this Nook. Don't really need it.

ETA - I spent the money on n2a and now the 8gb Nook HD is running Kitkat on a bigger card. Works very nicely.

Going to attempt, later today, to make a kitkat card for my Nook HD+. Will report back.

update - I see I never reported back. My attempt was unsuccessful.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-23-2014 at 07:37 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote