Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
tcud03
tcud03 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX, Sony PRS-300BC
Reading Light

I looked around for a while for an affordable reading light that was slim, bright, and could be easily used with my kindle or any other book. I found this light and have been using it for a little while now and I must say, it is excellent. Plus free shipping (it comes from Hong Kong so the shipping took a little while but you can't complain with that price). I hope you guys find this useful for your kindle/reader. (p.s. there is some awesome stuff on that site and it's all free shipping.)

edit: for those that want a rechargeable light, you can get lir2032's instead of cr2032's and recharge those. The price is still pretty dang cheap even with the cost of rechargeable cr2032's. just my 2 cents.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26822

Last edited by tcud03; 03-17-2010 at 12:03 AM.
tcud03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
are you clipping that on a cover or directly onto your kindle?

oh and welcome to the forums! nice... Hughey(?) you have there?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
that looks awesome and useful.
carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've ordered this one for my Nook and it is excellent.

This one really gives you diffused light with even light distribution, no hot spot!.

Highly recommended.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Thanks for the heads up... I've just ordered one.. Looks really good.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
So this works on many units. Cool.
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:15 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Thanks for the heads up... I've just ordered one.. Looks really good.
...and it arrived today... Definitely a good and cheap little unit... Wonder how long the cover for the light will last? Feels like paper..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #8
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
New octovo reading light just came out. Check it out.
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #9
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
The best light I have ever found was a very cheap one at a discount outlet. It lights up the whole page and cost $6!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #10
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
What kind of run time do you get with it?

I have been looking for one too and tried a few. I like this one because it uses 3 x AA batteries and runs really really long. the cool thing is I love to walk and read so I just put that light in my front shirt pocket and it illuminates very well. Might look weird at first though

havent tried one of the clip on ones but want to. Any clip on ones available on Indian sites?

Last edited by rollercoaster; 04-09-2010 at 01:17 AM.
rollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
lmittell
Enthusiast
lmittell began at the beginning.

Device: K2, K3, Jetbook Lite, iPhone4
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelad View Post
New octovo reading light just came out. Check it out.
Looks pretty slick. Here's a link to it-- http://www.octostyle.com/product.aspx?cid=64&pid=22.

Anyone get one of these yet? If so, does it light up things adequately? It's not clear to me if it has an incandescent or LED lamp. I'd guess LED.

Larry
lmittell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmittell View Post
Looks pretty slick. Here's a link to it-- http://www.octostyle.com/product.aspx?cid=64&pid=22.

Anyone get one of these yet? If so, does it light up things adequately? It's not clear to me if it has an incandescent or LED lamp. I'd guess LED.

Larry
I just received the Octovo Solis light for the K2 yesterday and it is indeed very slick! Well-designed, very small, one LED and it takes one AA battery (included). There is no on/off switch as the light comes on when the "arm" is swung out 90° from the unit, in position for reading. It fits perfectly and securely. The light coverage is adequate for the K2, but a bit limited if used on a DX. I've tried the Mighty Bright Flex2 and the Kandle as well and, so far, the Solis has become my favorite light.

Oh - one more thing I noticed. The color temperature of the Solis is more natural than that of the Kandle, which appears cooler, or blue-ish in comparison. One can easily read using the Solis without annoying anyone in close proximity.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:48 AM   #13
knihomol
knihomol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hi everyone

If you got a reader with a larger screen like the Kindle DX in my opinion the kandle light will be more usefull, since it has two leds, so the light that comes out is much broader. I mount my Kandle mostly on the left side of the Kindle instead of the top so it illuminates the screen well from the top to the bottom.

The other good thing about the kandle light is the sturdy grip without harming the device.

The downside are the CR-2032 batteries it consumes, well so far it's still the first set of batteries. They say they will hold for up to 100 hours of reading, we will see that.

And, i like blue-ish light
knihomol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #14
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Octovo is also a great light
but nice overall design
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #15
whizkey
whizkey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I just received the Belkin Clip-on Reading light for Kindle. But I use for my Sony PRS600. The light has 3 Leds and 3 AAA batteries. The light is spreading out widely and can be adjusted to avoid reflections.
whizkey is offline   Reply With Quote