Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
KaRMe
KaRMe began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Question Working with scientific papers

I just have my new Sony PRS-600. I'm glad... but I'm also disappointed with it.
I read a lot of papers every day and I need some kind of tool for converting them.
They are three-column pdf. In landscape mode and a little zoom, I can read them without problems, but I can't make annotation when I'm in zoom mode.
Is there any tool for converting three to one column? I spent a few hours reading the forum but I didn't find anything about this.
Thank you!
KaRMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I guess you might try PaperCrop.

However, if someone told you that these devices would work well with three-column scientific papers, you've been horribly misled!
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 03:51 AM   #3
jamadams
Connoisseur
jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jamadams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-505, 600 & Librié
Aye. PDF support has got better over the years but it is still far from ideal. They nearly got it right on the 600 & 900, but not quite.

I think that you'll fing all the converting a hassle if you read these types of document regularly.
jamadams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columns, pdf, prs-600, scientific literature