Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
cdfite
cdfite began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
Kindle to printable format

I would like to be able to print excepts of some reference books I have purchased on my Kindle. Is there a way to convert the .azw file to another format that can be printed from a PC?
cdfite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdfite View Post
I would like to be able to print excepts of some reference books I have purchased on my Kindle. Is there a way to convert the .azw file to another format that can be printed from a PC?
There are ways, but it involves stripping the DRM, and I'm not the person to ask about that.

There are two easy ways to print excepts, however.

(I) Via PC:
.....1. Underline the text you wish to copy.
.....2. Connect your Kindle to your computer.
.....3. Open the "My Clippings" text file.
.....4. Locate the desired text; copy, paste, and print.

(II) Via Internet (Your wireless must have been turned on at some point to allow Amazon to sync with your Kindle):
.....1. Go to http://kindle.amazon.com/kindle and sign in with the same e-mail and password you use to purchase books.
.....2. "Your Reading List" will automatically open, which contains all the books in which you have written notes or made highlights--even the ones you didn't buy from Amazon!
.....3. Go to the desired book and click on the highlights or notes link, and you will be able to copy and paste any text you have highlighted and any note you have made. (This can actually be faster than the first method.)

Does this always work? No, but that isn't Amazon's fault. As they state on their site, "Sometimes a book publisher may allow only a certain portion of a book to be 'clipped' and stored separately from the main body of the book. When this allowance is exceeded you may see fewer highlights on this website than you actually made on your Kindle."

And, oh yes ...

Welcome to MobileRead Forums!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-04-2010 at 02:27 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 06:09 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi cdfite and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
In the event that the ebooks you want to print are NOT DRM'd you can use Calibre's viewer to read and print them.

http://calibre-ebook.com/
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You can get around the clipping limit by using the latest version of the Mobi2Mobi GUI (for Windows only) and you won't have to remove DRM. It will also reset the TTS flag.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mobi2Mobi_GUI.png
Views:	318
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	42473  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert