Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-17-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
morituri
Enthusiast
morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air, Kindle PW2, Kindle HD
Mobipocket Reader 5.0 now out

I just noticed that MobiPocket Reader 5.0 is now out - but I can't install it on my Treo! The Windows installer does weird things on my PC, and the standalone PRC file can't be loaded on my Treo 650.

Is anyone else facing similar problems?

Thanks
morituri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:26 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm still running v4.8 on my X50v, as I don't use Mobipocket all that much (iSilo is much better for news reading, and µbook is much better for book reading). I doubt I'll be spending any money to upgrade any time soon, but I'm sure sure other mobipocket readers will be keen. Thanks for the heads up!
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2005, 03:07 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Craig, if I remember correctly, V4.8 is not VGA-compatible, is it? Talking about blurry fonts...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 03:39 AM   #4
Treoman
Treoman began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 650, Nokia 9500
Working OK on my Treo 650. The windows installer needs to be online to downline the prc file.
Treoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Actually, 4.8 looks very nice in True VGA, using the standard Tahoma font. The font size is pretty small too (I like my page to look like a proper book page ) and it's very clear. I guess I should give 4.9 a try at some point and see if there _is_ any difference in the display...
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert