Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #766
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tINmOUSE View Post
There are some 'very' distracting (and in some cases 'disturbing') avatars around this place.

YAY!!!
<---- See the avatar.

$250, please, you can pay the laddy at the door.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:07 PM   #767
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
You'd need a very large for the water in your avatar!

Would this be big enough to entice you out of the pool?
Watch out, badgoodDeb! The towel slayda's offering you has hands on it!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #768
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Watch out, badgoodDeb! The towel slayda's offering you has hands on it!
Dreamer
It looks like a MIGHTY small towel too. I think I'd better decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
<---- See the avatar.

$250, please, you can pay the laddy at the door.
Oh, how nice! He's got a laddy at the door now. Must be the lady's day off. I may come to visit, if I get to see Pshrynk as well as a cuuuute laddy!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #769
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I re-hired my drunk Irish relatives. They whine a lot, but they work cheap.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:23 PM   #770
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Also a guest appeareance on a weirdly appropriate pop video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=85fdtF9yR3k
my new favorite song, yo.

"it's about a girl who comes from another planet..."

so true.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #771
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

so true.
I always liked "Janet from another planet."
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #772
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Then there was "Return to Planet Janet"
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #773
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Oh no, MR thinks I'm a Zealot now!
You can change that, you know. If you're after a title, I suggest asking within this thread. I'm sure there'd be a billion suggestions (maybe even one you'd actually use ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
And why is VR "off to the panty"? Or, are we supposed to mis-read it the OTHER way this time, and presume he means "party"? Maybe he means "pantry"
No, no, please don't go into my pantry. Didn't you see the warning signs and flashing lights and hazard symbols? The Party's menu "ingredients" are currently being "prepared" there, and the ingredients tend to get their panties in a bunch during preparation - fractious Oortwhale and angry Irukandji do not make pleasant companions in confined spaces.

Quote:
And Zany Carter Deluxe ingredients.
You know, I really can explain the Zany Carter Deluxe's ingredients if you wish. In this particular manifestation of reality, in purely earthly climes, the recipe is quite simple and not outlandish at all, though, of course, still totally zany and practically essential as a spa drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Oh, and Marc -- your tub looks like lots of fun. I'd join you, but my shower would probably make a MESS of your room. My towel isn't big enough to clean up that much water. Guess I'd better let you enjoy your tub by yourself.
To dry I just lay out in the front driveway in the sun, or, of it's cool, on a Saturnian RingBearskin rug before my library fireplace's craterous opening into bowels of the Inferno. Either just makes me feel tingly all over.

Of course, I still know where my towel is.

Quote:
There are some 'very' distracting (and in some cases 'disturbing') avatars around this place.

YAY!!!
I'm dead sexy, yeah?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #774
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

so true.
One of my favourite songs is the Split Enz song, Poor Boy...

My love is alien, I picked her up by chance
She speaks to me in ultra-high frequency
The radio band of gold
Gonna listen til I grow old

What more can a poor boy do?

The crackle of the radio
The message in the evening sky
You're looking at an interplanetary Romeo
I'm never gonna see her face
between us there's too much space

The version from the ENZSO album (with the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra) is brilliant. (Also, it's sung by Dave Dobbyn who wrote, and sang with the Herbs, my favourite happy song and the main song from the soundtrack of the movie version of my favourite childhood comic strip...but I digress...). Then again, that whole ENZSO album is luscious (you've got to love it when they blend in spoon-playing with an orchestra).

Cheers,
Marc

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 07-09-2008 at 04:47 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:34 AM   #775
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I'm dead sexy, yeah?

Cheers,
Marc
Only in the dark, with eyes closed...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:45 AM   #776
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
Quote:
--------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by tINmOUSE
There are some 'very' distracting (and in some cases 'disturbing')

YAY!!!
--------------------------------------------
I'm dead sexy, yeah?

Cheers,
Marc

I truly was not referring to you in the first half of that sentence. And since its not the 'other' photo, nor the second.

Last edited by tINmOUSE; 07-09-2008 at 05:48 AM.
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:46 AM   #777
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

beware tINmOUSE, there be cats in the Lounge...
Old 07-09-2008, 06:06 AM   #778
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I truly was not referring to you in the first half of that sentence. And since its not the 'other' photo, nor the second.
Wait, I don't get it?

Are you saying...what?...I'm...not dead sexy? But why would Mum lie to me about something like that?

Oh look:

WOOHOO! 1000 POSTS! (1% sugar, 99% fibre)

Cheers,
Marc (trolling for pshrynk)

Last edited by montsnmags; 07-09-2008 at 06:09 AM. Reason: 1000 POSTS!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:19 AM   #779
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
beware tINmOUSE, there be cats in the Lounge...

I get on quite well the common house cat (the ability to morph into metal helps alot). Its the uncommon ones that worry me... but I'm 'not' unprepared....

Last edited by tINmOUSE; 07-09-2008 at 07:06 AM.
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 AM   #780
GeoffC

Quote:

Oh look:

WOOHOO! 1000 POSTS! (1% sugar, 99% fibre)

Cheers,
Marc (trolling for pshrynk)
83% hilarious
15% pandering to the ladies
0.14% banal
the remainder just to get more chocolate out of me...

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda