Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Paperwhite - redoing the jailbreak after upgrade

I'm terribly not very bright lately, and I know someone told me this, and I carefully saved it, but now I can't remember where I saved the information.

My paperwhite upgraded itself to 5.3.4, breaking the jailbreak I had so I could use the collections manager and multiple dictionaries.

I can't remember which files I'm supposed to reinstall so these work again. It's not worth a whole thread, but if someone could remind me which files I need to copy over (I think that was all that was required, was copying over files), and where I put them (just in the main directory?) and where I get them, in a PM, I'd very much appreciate it.

thanks.

I downloaded the new developer certifications, and tried to update my kindle, but got an update not successful note (upd. Clearly there's something more I need to do, but I don't know enough about what I'm doing to know what it is.

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 04-20-2013 at 04:07 PM. Reason: more information
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Start with this post - -
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=192

Skip the original JB install, you did that -
Skip the update, your Kindle did that for you -
Skip the launcher install (unless you want it) -
Listen to the music -
Immediately after the music, there is a link to the Kindlet-Jailbreak - do that.

You can skip the rest of the page, the above should fix your problem.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That seems to have done it - thanks knc1.

and the music was cool, too.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
That seems to have done it - thanks knc1.

and the music was cool, too.
Yeah, it was the music that is the real key (no pun intended) to getting these little devices to behave.

They hear you playing the music and think that they may be replaced by an mp3 player if they don't start behaving correctly.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I don't think I can threaten my Paperwhite with my iPod (but I could my k3: Test to speech can easily be replaced with an audio book!). maybe if I dug out my old iTouch, that would be a believable threat. Or, I could threaten it with my smart phone and Mantano (yes! You can be replaced with a reading app! I don't care about battery life!)

On the other hand, I went to a Real Bookstore today, and picked up 4 paper books (all non-fiction) - I don't seem to read non-fiction on the paperwhite as well as I do fiction, for some reason. but fascinating as these books will be,they will never replace my Paperwhite in my heart. (really, it's only a weekend fling!)
Advert