Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
What are you reading this summer on your iPad?

We had a thread like this last year and it went well so here we go again.

I've only had my iPad 2 less than a month but it has quickly become my go-to reader even over my beloved Kindle 3.

Anywho, I am currently reading A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin (I previously read through books 1, 2 and around 1/3 of book 3).

Next up is A Feast for Crows, by Mr. Martin.

Then finally A Dance with Dragons, of course by Mr. Martin as well.

After that I'll need a much needed break from the fantasy genre for a while, so we will see what interests me.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
Beerman
Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.

Device: Ipad 2
I'm catching up on a number of Terry Brooks books since I last read any of his (more than 15 years ago). Then I'm on to re-reading some good ones like Ender's Game and from there, maybe try some new authors.
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Gerald Durrell - The Corfu Trilogy
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
All I can hope for is that nobody is reading anything purchased from the iBookstore. That would be a travesty.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
All I can hope for is that nobody is reading anything purchased from the iBookstore. That would be a travesty.
Something I hope most of us can agree on .
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
later2day
later2day began at the beginning.

Device: iPad2, Kindle 2nd Gen, and Sony Pocket Edition 1st Gen
I just got done reading the Frankenstein series by Koontz and am going to be looking for another book to read soon. I love reading on my iPad 2. I've got the 2nd Gen Kindle as well as a Sony Pocket edition 1st gen, but the iPad has won me over completely! Why is the bookstore such a bad deal?
later2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
Beerman
Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.Beerman is no ebook tyro.

Device: Ipad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I bought just 1 short story from iBookstore. It was fine but I won't be buying from them anymore and never planned to. I have many reasons for this decision.
I just wished my wife and I shared the same like for books. She wouldn't read any of mine and I don't like hers at all. So, more $$$$.
Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
Quake1028
Guru

I finished up A Storm of Swords. The last few chapters had me in turns: . On to A Feast for Crows!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by later2day View Post
I just got done reading the Frankenstein series by Koontz and am going to be looking for another book to read soon. I love reading on my iPad 2. I've got the 2nd Gen Kindle as well as a Sony Pocket edition 1st gen, but the iPad has won me over completely! Why is the bookstore such a bad deal?
Apple are the ones who allowed the agency model to come into being. Things are not seriously screwed up with eBooks in a really poor way. The Agency 6 are doing more harm then good. And because of Apple allowing this, we want to make Apple sell nothing at all via iBooks/iTunes. We don't want a single eBook sold by Apple to sell. Don't even download free ones from Apple. The more you patronize Apple for eBooks, the less chance we have of the Agency model going away.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
Stefx
Enthusiast
Stefx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Just finished the Vatta's war series (sci-fi) by Elizabeth Moon

Picked up The Lost Fleet: Dreadnaught by Jack Campbell
Stefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Y Goddodin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_Godod...d_translations
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #12
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
I've got no job so I'm reading all free PD stuff. "Barsoom" series from ER Burroughs (read this 30 years ago), Various "Astounding Stories of SciFi" (all found in the library here).

Also some church history and doctrinal works that are free or PD such as "Baptist Succession" by DB Ray and "Signers of the Mayflower Compact" by Henry Whittemore. These from Google Books.

Also just read "Rama 2" in used paperback ($3, I splurged)
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #13
bmwr1200c
Enthusiast
bmwr1200c began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Asterix and Obelix series
bmwr1200c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #14
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
currently reading Crochodile on the sandbank by Elizabeth Peters

after that i may re-read the Honor Harrington series by David Weber.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #15
Quake1028
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
I finished up A Storm of Swords. The last few chapters had me in turns: . On to A Feast for Crows!
Took a small break from ASoIaF to tear through these:

Robopocalypse - Daniel H. Wilson
Thank You Notes - Jimmy Fallon
Seal Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper - Howard Wasdin & Stephen Templin
Bossypants - Tina Fey
American Assassin - Vince Flynn (currently reading)