Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: April 2011 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel by Gary Shteyngart 6 10.53%
The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady by Elizabeth Stuckey-French 5 8.77%
The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobsen 3 5.26%
The Night Life of the Gods by Thorne Smith 4 7.02%
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole 9 15.79%
The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut Jr 6 10.53%
Naked by David Sedaris 2 3.51%
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons 3 5.26%
The Diaries of Adam and Eve (also called extracts from Adam and Eve's diary) by Mark Twain 5 8.77%
Hal Spacejock #1 by Simon Haynes 14 24.56%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
The Poll is closed... the weiner:

Hal Spacejock #1 by Simon Haynes

This book better be funny!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #32
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I've started reading Simon Haynes' Hal Spacejock, and I think we've made a fine choice. This thing's hilarious. Far better than our humor selection last year. That one really laid an egg.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #33
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I just purchased Hal Spacejock 1 and 2 and I'm looking forward to starting it.

I just wanted to say that for those who have not read A Confederacy of Dunces then you are missing a real treat.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #34
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
...I just wanted to say that for those who have not read A Confederacy of Dunces then you are missing a real treat.
Agreed. A real shame the author didn't live to write more like it.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #35
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I bought Hal Spacejock as well, direct from the author's site, which is always nice!
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #36
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Yes, that was a plus! I bought the set, only because it was cheaper, and now that I'm reading the first book am so glad I did. This will be one series I read in its entirety.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #37
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yay for Hal!!!

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #38
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I bought the whole set direct from the author's site as well!!
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #39
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I also bought the whole set. Yes, yes, even after all of that indecision. I am off to go and start it now, actually. Hopefully I can get a good hour or two of reading time in tonight.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #40
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Off to buy Hal Spacejock. Anybody who hasn't read Confederancy of Dunces should give it try.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:09 AM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've started reading Simon Haynes' Hal Spacejock, and I think we've made a fine choice. This thing's hilarious. Far better than our humor selection last year. That one really laid an egg.
Then that egg was allowed to roll out of the hen house and sit in the sun rotting away and stinking to high heaven.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do have the free copy of Hal #1 I downloaded when it was a give-away. I just have to find it and get it sorted from my Reader so I can read it.

I do hope it is enjoyable. I want to read something good that I can actually finish.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #43
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I'm a bit over 80% through and thoroughly enjoying it. I really like Clunk.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #44
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I've only read the first 4 chapters but so far I like the cheeky Navcom.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #45
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I'm somewhere in the teens, almost 1/2 way through. I also like Clunk. I haven't actually laughed yet...more like groaned and rolled my eyes at Hal. I'm still enjoying the story, though.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote