Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #31
polarwind
polarwind began at the beginning.

Device: android, ipad
Thank for your reply. I checked the mp3 extention under formats and folders. However, the book is created with a m3u link, that contains pointers to 35 local mp3 files. As far as I can see m3u extentions are not in the format list. It works fine in the windows app (audiobook starts playing), and in the web interface a m3u file is downloaded (so question is if the pointer or path is correct...). But the CC app does nothing.

So here we have 3 different responses for one and the same audiobook. Any suggestions on how to get this working properly?
polarwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:36 PM   #32
Syllius
Enthusiast
Syllius began at the beginning.

Device: None
Possibly a new thread.

My post is very relative to this topic, but I understand the thread is very old. I am wondering if the idea to utilize the e-book container for alternative documents was ever realized. Particularly, I would like to try and use this process to do a nearly identical task with emulator and associated documents. Would CC be able to associate an external program based on file extension? Please let me know if this idea seems feasible. Thanks in advance.
Syllius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2019, 03:10 PM   #33
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
For CC, see the FAQ How can I send to CC book formats with a type (extension) calibre doesn't recognise?. If there is an app on the device that advertises that it handles an extension then CC should find it.

As for the calibre side of things: you can put one file of any given extension into the book record in calibre by dragging the file onto the cover image in book details. There are other ways to do it as well.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, audio book, audiobook