Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
Issues with Sonystore epub and Calibre

I am trying to move my purchases from the Sony Bookstore onto my Nook Color.

I open Calibre and go to the directory where the Sony EPUBS are located. When I try to open the book or edit the book in Calibre it comes up saying the book has DRM.

I thought Sony did not have DRM on their books?
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Sony uses Adobe DRM. These should be readable on the Nook Color "as is", if you have authorized it for Adobe Digital Editions.

If you want to strip the DRM, there are 3rd party Calibre plugins that do this. See the tools_v3.0 bundle, and as usual Approntice Alf's Blog is the place for all things DRM related.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert