Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 06-18-2008, 05:33 AM   #136
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Thanks kovidgoyal, I'll take a look. I'm finding the library stuff and the cross-platform stuff the hardest thing to work out with Python, the language itself is quite excellent though!
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #137
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah cross platform is a pain. You may also want to look at the Python Imaging Library. It should allow you to do the transforms easily in python, without relying on an external imaging library. If you need any help with the cross platform stuff, just ask, I have a good deal of experience with it.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 06-18-2008 at 10:55 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #138
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I would have liked to use the Python Imaging Library but it misses a few vital functions that ImageMagick provides. Thanks for the pointers on the ImageMagick libraries, there's no mature interface for Python but I've managed to coble together a suitable interface, that now works well, from various sources. Also the ImageMagick documentation is almost non-existent when using the API.
I'll PM you if I have any questions, I'm particularly interested in cracking OS X support next.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:46 PM   #139
Lime2K
Lime2K began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-500)
I second the OSX support - if you need a guinea pig, just let me know!
Lime2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:35 PM   #140
hoodaman
the new guy
hoodaman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
this program is very nice. I was unsure of the capability of the prs505 to display comics but after putting a moon knight book on it and reading through it, I'm very impressed. Good work.
hoodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 12:27 AM   #141
fake-name
fake-name began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Well, I can confirm that the 64mb limitation is completely false.

Using the new pythin version of comiclrf, I have been able to generate a 4615 page, 251,386 kb .lrf file that works perfectly on my prs-505.

It's an archive of Dilbert comics, 1990 to 2005, incidentally.
fake-name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #142
FangornUK
Addict

Update: Version 2.1 released
  • Python version now works on Mac OS X and Linux.
  • Now uses built in ImageMagick library and does not use external installation (except Linux)
  • ImageMagick processing now thread based instead of external process, slightly faster.
  • Added output directory (-o) option where LRFs are written to.

If you installed previous versions you can uninstall ImageMagick as the latest version has the libraries built-in (except for Linux).

Last edited by FangornUK; 07-02-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #143
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On linux the most robust way to load the magickwand library would be

Code:
ctypes.cdll.LoadLibrary(ctypes.util.find_library('MagickWand'))
Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #144
FangornUK
Addict

Thanks for the info kovidgoyal. Unfortunately they changed the library naming from Wand to MagickWand etc recently so my version tries to access either.

Last edited by FangornUK; 07-02-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #145
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Well, in that case

Code:
lib = ctypes.util.find_library('MagickWand')
if not lib: lib = ctypes.util.find_library('Wand')
Old 07-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #146
serpentium
eAddictd
serpentium began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505, Iliad Book Edition
osx trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK View Post
Update: Version 2.1 released
  • Python version now works on Mac OS X and Linux.
  • Now uses built in ImageMagick library and does not use external installation (except Linux)
  • ImageMagick processing now thread based instead of external process, slightly faster.
  • Added output directory (-o) option where LRFs are written to.

If you installed previous versions you can uninstall ImageMagick as the latest version has the libraries built-in (except for Linux).
Hi, i was so happy to know u finally compiled your program in osx (i red great comments on your software).
But i uncompressed it and it doesnt work... i just said
>ERROR: Can't load ImageMagick Library /Applications/Multimedia/ebook/comiclrf/ImageMagickOSX/lib/libWand.dylib

i tried to run the program from outside the folder and inside the directory and subdirectories... but still doesnt work...

i want to try it!
serpentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:45 AM   #147
FangornUK
Addict

Did you extract everything out of the TAR and all subdirectories? Also is X11 installed? Think ImageMagick might need that but I'm not sure.

Can you see the file "/Applications/Multimedia/ebook/comiclrf/ImageMagickOSX/lib/libWand.dylib"
Old 07-03-2008, 10:57 AM   #148
SurgE
Serial Bricker
SurgE doesn't litterSurgE doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KSO
here's an error:

Extracting...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "comiclrf.py", line 363, in <module>
File "comiclrf.py", line 298, in runcomic
File "comiclrf.py", line 153, in processcomic
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:\\users\\user\\appdata\\loc
al\\temp\\tmp2ovzox\\001/01.jpg'

------------------------

I am using the latest version on windows vista. The application died when the cbz file itself has a folder structure inside.
SurgE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #149
serpentium
eAddictd
serpentium began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505, Iliad Book Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK View Post
Did you extract everything out of the TAR and all subdirectories? Also is X11 installed? Think ImageMagick might need that but I'm not sure.

Can you see the file "/Applications/Multimedia/ebook/comiclrf/ImageMagickOSX/lib/libWand.dylib"
i see .dylib file and others... i have x11 installed...
serpentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #150
FangornUK
Addict

Update: Version 2.2 released
  • Mac OS X version fixed
  • Fix handling of CBZ files that contain directories