Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 04:10 AM   #1
farrioth
Enthusiast
farrioth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Entries Left Behind in Documents List

After using an SD card in my Kobo, I have found that various files seem to get left behind in the Documents list.

The documents were on the card, and were added into the list when the Kobo first synced files from the card. However, when the card was removed, the documents remained listed on the Kobo (opening the files gives a blank page). This appears to only happen to HTML and TXT files (PDFs go away, as do EPUBs from the Books list). Deleting the files from the SD card has no effect, nor does restarting the Kobo or forcing it to resync after being plugged into the computer. Interestingly, all these files are marked as "Open", even those I haven't read.

Since I could just go and remove all these files from the database, I suppose this thread is more of a bug report that a request for help, but it would be nice if someone knows of a quick solution.

Edit: A paperclip reset similarly does nothing to these entries.

Last edited by farrioth; 10-03-2010 at 04:16 AM.
farrioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrioth View Post
After using an SD card in my Kobo, I have found that various files seem to get left behind in the Documents list.

The documents were on the card, and were added into the list when the Kobo first synced files from the card. However, when the card was removed, the documents remained listed on the Kobo (opening the files gives a blank page). This appears to only happen to HTML and TXT files (PDFs go away, as do EPUBs from the Books list). Deleting the files from the SD card has no effect, nor does restarting the Kobo or forcing it to resync after being plugged into the computer. Interestingly, all these files are marked as "Open", even those I haven't read.

Since I could just go and remove all these files from the database, I suppose this thread is more of a bug report that a request for help, but it would be nice if someone knows of a quick solution.

Edit: A paperclip reset similarly does nothing to these entries.
It is a bug in the kobo. Reinsert the sd card and use calibre to delete the entries.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 04:00 AM   #3
farrioth
Enthusiast
farrioth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
It is a bug in the kobo. Reinsert the sd card and use calibre to delete the entries.
Thanks for confirming this. I don't use Calibre, so I'll just go and take them out of the database.
farrioth is offline   Reply With Quote